Chapter One Hundred and Five: Remembrance Day 2013

Isla of Sussex

November 10th, 2013

I stepped out of the car with Kate as we looked around and saw Cenotaph filled with red flowers. Today was my first official Remembrance Day since last year I was bedridden due to stress.

The two of us followed Sophie inside and up to the balcony where we waiting to be told to go outside.

"When does it start?" Kate whispered and I jumped slightly.

"It starts at eleven. It's ten-thirty now." I whispered and Kate smiled.

"Don't worry. We stand there and remember all of those who died. We honor all of them." She said and I nodded.

"Then we get criticized because we either smile too much or don't smile enough. Ridiculous." I said and Kate chuckled.

"Is Harry down there as well?"

"Yes, he is laying down a wreath with all of them. We dropped Diana off last night at Maddy's house. They are so excited to watch her." I explained and Kate chuckled as Sarah came around and handed us all the programs for the day.

I looked over the songs we were going to be singing and I smiled when I saw 'I Vow to Thee My Country'.

"All the normal songs we sing," Kate said before Sophie and Timothy walked over to us. I slipped my black gloves on before I followed them outside and stood next to Timothy against the wall.

I watched as below Her Majesty stepped out with Phillip, Charles, William, Harry, Andrew, Anne, and Edward walked out and lined up information.

I saw Harry look up at me and I winked before I heard the anthem playing and we all stood at attention.

After the anthem finished Her Majesty walked forward and laid down the first wreath. Soon the music began playing and I opened up the program to the first song.

"I vow to thee, my country, all earthly things above, Entire and whole and perfect, the service of my love; The love that asks no question, the love that stands the test, That lays upon the altar the dearest and the best;" We all began singing as the drums began picking upbeat.

"The love that never falters, the love that pays the price, The love that makes undaunted the final sacrifice. And there's another country, I've heard of long ago, Most dear to them that love her, most great to them that know;"

"We may not count her armies, we may not see her King; Her fortress is a faithful heart, her pride is suffering; And soul by soul and silently her shining bounds increase, And her ways are ways of gentleness, and all her paths are peace." We finished and I heard everyone cheer once we finished singing.

Prince Phillip and Prince Charles walked up and laid the next wreath and I felt the cold breeze past through.

"What song is next?" Timothy asked as I looked down at the program.

"Not a song. It's the bugle call, the last post." I answered and he smiled softly at me before we heard it play and I felt the tears well up in my eyes thinking of all the people who died and no one knew where some of their loved ones were.

Once the bugle call finished no one cheered as the music began playing for God Save the Queen.

Williama and Harry walked forward and laid down the next wreath.

"God Save the Queen God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen; Send her victorious, Happy and glorious, Long to reign over us, God save the Queen. Oh Lord our God arise, Scatter our enemies, And make them fall." We began and I watched as everyone turned to look at Her Majesty.

"Confound their politics. Frustrate their knavish tricks, On Thee our hopes we fix. Oh, save us all. Thy choicest gifts in store On her be pleased to pour; Long may she reign; May she defend our laws. And ever give us cause. To sing with heart and voice."

"God save the Queen Not in this land alone, But be God's mercies known, From shore to shore! Lord, make the nations see, That men should brothers be, And form one family, The wide world over. God Save The Queen!"

One random guard held a microphone and cleared their throat.

"We shall now hold a moment of silence for all those who have sacrificed for our country." He announced and I smiled softly as I placed my hands by my side and closed my eyes.

We stood still and silent for two minutes before someone spoke again.

"God Bless you all, and have a wonderful day."

I opened my eyes and followed everyone back inside in time to see Harry walking inside.

"You look beautiful my love." He whispered as he pressed a kiss to my cheek.

"Thank you, my love. Are you hot in this?" I asked as I went to fix his coat.

"Immensely hot. I can't wait to get out of this once we get home." He said and I laughed before Her Majesty and Prince Phillip came forward and we all bowed.

"Isla and Harry, I've been meaning to ask you both. Will you be bringing Diana to walk with us for Christmas?" She asked and I shared a look with Henry.

"Well, she'll be eight months almost nine by Christmas."

"We haven't decided yet Granny, but we will let you know," Harry said and Her Majesty nodded before she turned to speak to Charles and Camilla.

"Are we going to let her walk with us?" I asked as I turned back to Harry.

"I don't know yet my love. I don't know."