Chapter Forty-Five: Seeing the Ports

Isla of Sussex

I stepped out of my room with Sarah as she fixed my bun.

"Alright, I'm done. You are ready for your first outing." She said and I smiled as I fixed my dress before I was led down the stairs and to the front where Madeline and Carl Philip were waiting for me.

"You look beautiful," Madeline said as I walked down the last step and towards them

"You look beautiful," Madeline said as I walked down the last step and towards them. She kissed me on my cheek before nodding at Sarah.

"Are we ready?" I asked as I smiled at Carl.

"Yes, the cars are outside. But I must warn you that there are a lot of people outside. So be prepared for the screaming." He said. The doors opened and we walked outside towards the cars. I laughed for a moment as I heard my name being called. I waved for a moment before climbing into the car with Madeline, Sarah, and Carl.

"Isla, the phone," Sarah said as the door closed. I grabbed my phone and sighed.

"Hello?"

"Hello, love." Harry's voice rang out and I smile.

"Harry! How are you calling me right now?"

"Finally got a break. Then I begged my boss to let me call my pregnant wife. I saw your speech last night, you did brilliantly."

"Thank you, I was so nervous. I wish you were here Harry." I said with a frown. Madeline reached out and patted my knee.

"I know. I am so sorry." Harry said and I felt the tears welling up.

"Oh lord. This baby is messing with my emotions." I said as I wiped a tear away.

"I'm so sorry. I see pictures of you and that small baby bump and I get so happy. I cannot wait to come home." Harry said and I smiled before realizing we were pulling up to the ports.

"Honey I have to go. We are a couple of minutes away from the ports." I said as I heard him clear his throat.

"I understand. I'm sending some letters to the house so they shall be there when you get back. I love you, Isla Richards." He said and I smiled.

"I love you more Henry Wales," I whispered before the call ended and I handed the phone over to Sarah.

"Thank you. That made my day." I said as the car stopped.

"Hurry up and fix her cheeks," Madeline said and soon Sarah was adding concealer to my face and then powder.

"All set."

The door opened and Carl climbed out first before helping out Madeleine out the car. I scooted over and smiled as he helped me out the car. I waved to the small children waiting to hand be flowers.

After shaking the lighthouse Captains hand Madeline and I walked over to the children.

"Hello everyone! How are you all not chilling?" I asked with a smile as I was handed a bouget of white lilies from two siblings.

"We waited to see you, Your Highness. My daughter loves you." The mum said and I smiled as I shook her daughter's hand and a picture was snapped.

"Sarah!" I called out for my assitant.

"Yes, Your Highness?" She asked.

"Take this lovely woman and her children over to the coffee shop and warm them up with some hot cocoa," I ordered and Sarah nodded before turning to them.

"Isla honey," Carl said and I turned around and smiled as I waved to some cameras.

"Your Highness, how does it feel to be on your first royal tour alone?" A reported asked and I smiled.

"My husband is doing his duty to our country. Though I wish he was here I am a big girl and must learn things on my own." I said before the Captain led us to the more private area.

"Every ship whether big or small must send their coordinates to me to be approved." The Captain said as some sailors lined how.

"How do you know whether these people are saying the truth?" Carl asked as Madeline and I shook some of the sailor's hands.

"When it is a very large ship we demand current video proof. Ninety percent of the time they are telling the truth."

"The other ten percent?" I asked and the captain stared at me.

"I believe she asked you a question," Carl said and the Captain nodded.

"We send whoever is closet to the ship. They take over and search the entire ship and reports back to us." The Captain explained and I nodded before we were led to one of the bigger ships. As we climbed aboard everyone cheered for us and I smiled as I was led to where they steer the ship.

"Would you like to turn the ship, Your Highness?" The Captain of the Ship, Captain Lux asked.

"I would love to," I said as Madeline held my bouget and clutch and I walked over.

"You turn very lightly. The ship is big but moves quickly." He explained and I nodded before I turned slightly and we all felt the ship move. Everyone cheered and I nodded.

"Isla, we have a surprise for you outside," Carl said and I raised an eyebrow before we were led back outside.

"For your amazing speech last night our father decided to name a ship after you," Madeline said and I gasped as I saw Isla of Sussex on the boat.

Then I saw us being recorded.

"This is beyond an honor. I am so happy I honestly have no words. Thank you, Your Majesty." I said before I was handed a bottle of champagne. I walked as close as I could to the boat and smashed the bottle against it. Everyone cheered and I smiled as I wiped my hands off.

"That was wonderful!" I said as I posed with Carl and Madeline smiling.

"You get used to things being named after you. After a while it gets boring." Madeline said as we waved to everyone.

"I don't think it will ever get boring."