The Mistletoe Trap (Logicality)

Logicality

'Twas the night of December 20th, and throughout the Sides' "house," only one creature was stirring, and he could hardly contain his excitement, resisting the urge to squeal like a mouse.

Roman stepped quietly around the mind palace, making his way from his room to the living room. Clutched in his hand was an iconic Christmas decoration, one that he, the side of creativity and romance, couldn't resist to use.

He looked around the living room, choosing a doorway to hang the decoration. He reached up and fixed the decoration, standing back to admire his handiwork. The prince grinned, quietly making his way back to his room.

The trap had been set.

*

Patton woke up with a big smile on his face. He stretched and got dressed, whistling as he walked downstairs. In the kitchen, he grabbed two cookies from the jar, then sat on the couch to watch TV.

Moments later, Logan came down the steps, sitting on the couch a foot away from Patton.

"Morning!" Morality greeted happily.

"Good morning," Logic responded, opening his book and reading.

After about ten minutes of an awkward silence, Patton glanced over at Logan, then asked, "Do you want a cookie?"

"Hmm? Oh, yes."

"Got it." Patton smiled at the other, though Logic was already back into his book. Morality frowned and went out into the kitchen, getting a napkin and setting a cookie on top. He turned to walk back out to the living room, but instead bumped into Logan at the doorframe. Patton dropped the napkin and cookie in surprise, the latter breaking when it hit the ground.

"Oomf," Patton said as they collided.

"So sorry, Patton. I was just coming out to get a drink."

"It's fine . . ." the moral side said, his eyes trailing up to see a small green decoration hanging at the top of the doorframe. Logan's eyes followed the other's.

"Seems like Roman has been at work here," Logic remarked. "Interesting fact about the mistletoe—"

Logan was cut off when another pair of lips covered his own. The kiss was soft and quick, but left the both of them with a dizzy feeling.

When he pulled away, Patton was a blushing red mess. He couldn't believe what he had just done! He had been wanting to do that for a while, and when he seen the mistletoe, it felt almost like a sign. Still, he was amazed that he had actually done it.

Logan, on the other hand, couldn't seem to think properly. It was like his brain was flashing an "ERROR! ERROR!" message in front of his eyes.

"Merry Christmas, Logan," Patton said shyly, moving to walk past Logan. However, Morality felt a hand gently clasp his wrist, keeping him there.

"Wha—"

This time, it was Morality who was cut off. Logan pulled him into a kiss, this one lasting longer than the first. To Logic, it felt like his mind had shut down only to awake with a new update. He had never felt things like this before, but he found himself liking it.

"Wow," Patton whispered as the two pulled away. His arms were wrapped around Logan's neck, while Logic had his around Patton's waist.

"Merry Christmas, Patton," Logan said with a small smile. The two walked hand in hand to the living room, turning on a Christmas movie and cuddling on the couch, silently thanking Roman for that mistletoe.

*

Just a short Logicality oneshot. I haven't written with them in a while and I almost forgot how adorable they are!

Enjoy, ~Kirs.