In Your Space (Analogical)

Written for the TSFA Newspaper

AU (Logan is Human, Virgil is not)

"What is that racket?" Logan grumbled. He sat up in his bed, rubbing his eyes before reaching for his glasses on the nightstand.

It was sometime past midnight in Gainesville, and Logan Sanders had been fast asleep. That is until he heard loud noises coming from somewhere near his house, waking him up quickly. He couldn't quite decipher the sounds, or what they belonged to, and this puzzled him.

Logan climbed out of bed, sliding on a paid of shoes and grabbing a flashlight. He made his way downstairs, then opened his front door, poking his head out and looking around.

The suburban street seemed to be silent, the street lights casting everything under them in a warm, yellow glow. Logan was about to turn back around when he heard the noises yet again, only this time, they sounded closer.

Gripping his flashlight, Logan hid behind the door, only the top of his head poking out now so he could see the street.

Suddenly, there was a small flash of bright purple, and something fell to the ground hard, landing with a groan.

Logan dropped his flashlight in surprise, and the thing slowly turned to look at him. The man cursed under his breath, and attempted to move, to get away. But he couldn't. The fear he felt was just too overwhelming.

The creature in the street slowly stood, wobbling a bit as it did so. It seemed human, Logan noticed. His hair was a mix of brown and purple. His hoodie, boots, and what seemed to be skinny jeans were black and he wore a dark purple shirt.

Logan stood there, mesmerized for a moment. All his thoughts and questions seemed to halt for a moment, as if his mind only wanted him to focus on this for a while.

The person walked towards Logan slowly. He seemed to be limping, and in overall pain. "H-Help..." His voice came out weak, and quiet.

Logan didn't know what was happening, but the next few moments were a blur, his body going on autopilot.

Minutes later, the person was laying on Logan's couch, an ice pack on his sprained ankle and a glass of water in his hand.

Logan was confused with even himself. He was never truly one for caring and helping others. No, that was more like his friend, Patton. Logan, on the other hand, was fiercely independent and lived his life as logically, and simply as he could. Feelings and caring for others were not apart of this agenda.

But here he was, kneeling beside this person he didn't even know, gazing at him with a facial expression that radiated concern.

"What's your name?" Logan asked.

"My name? Virgil..."

"Greetings Virgil. I am Logan."

Virgil finally made eye contact with Logan, giving the other man a chance to see his eyes clearly. They were rather odd, but also quite beautiful. Both of his eyes were half warm brown, half bright purple.

"Where am I?" Virgil asked.

"You are in my living room. I helped you get inside, remember?"

"I remember...but I meant where are we as in what town...and what state?"

"Oh..." Logan's brows furrowed in confusion. His face was scrunched up a bit as he looked at Virgil strangely, as if trying to figure out everything mysterious about him. The rather adorable sight caused Virgil to giggle very quietly, though he tried to stifle it too.