Photograph 3 (Prinxiety/Anxceit)

TW: Possessiveness, mentions and start of a toxic relationship

"Losing him was blue like I'd never known.
Missing him was dark gray all alone.
Forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you never met.
But loving him was red...

Loving him was red..."

•Roman•

I remember the day perfectly . . .

That morning, I woke up in our bed early in the morning. At the time, Virgil was still asleep, looking adorable and peaceful. I remember smiling down at him and how I got up to make us breakfast, still in my pajamas. The smell of eggs and bacon filled the air, and I was joyful, already alert and awake.

While our breakfast cooked, I went back to our room to wake Virgil. I stopped outside the door, hearing giggling and the sound of Virgil's voice, along with another male voice. They seemed to be talking happily.

I gently eased the door open, peering inside the room. I remember biting down on my lip, hard, to stifle a gasp.

On my side of the bed, a figure was laying beside Virgil. From the door, only half of his face was visible, but I knew exactly who it was.

I watched, frozen in horror and surprise, as Virgil kissed Deceit slowly, one hand running through the other's hair.

Virgil had never been like this. I was always the one to initiate kisses, since he said that kissing me first made him nervous, which I fully believed and had no problem with.

But here he was, kissing someone else. Holding him close, and in our own bed, our own bedroom . . .

I walked away from the door, going into the bathroom in the hall and locking the door. I sat on the countertop, putting my head in my hands. My mind ran wild with thoughts.

How could this have happened?

•Virgil•

It wasn't my fault, I swear. That day . . .

I woke up that day to an empty bed. I could smell the scent of breakfast in the air, coming from the kitchen, and smiled slightly, knowing Roman was making something for me. He was so sweet, though I could never tell him that to his face. I loved him so much, I was so lucky to have him . . .

I sat up, the covers pooling around my waist. I let out a small yawn, closing my eyes as I did so.

When I opened them, there was somebody laying beside me. I flinched, quickly pulling the covers up to my chest in fear.

"Relax," the man said. His brown hair fell forward into his eyes a bit. I tried not to focus on the snake half of his face as I looked at him.

"D-De-Deceit. What are you doing here, in my room?" I asked, cursing myself for stuttering.

"I'm here for you, darling," he purred, making me cringe inside. I tried to get up, but he grabbed my hand, pulling me back down, adjusting me so I was even closer to him than before.

"W-what are you t-talking about?" I asked, trying not to focus on how hard he was gripping my hand, and how much it hurt.

"Remember our deal, years ago?" Deceit asked innocently.

I slowly shook my head, though I knew exactly what he was talking about.

"You fell in love with someone else, but you're mine," Deceit said softly, eyes staring into mine intently. "We made a deal that you would be my boyfriend if you didn't get me what I want. And you let that stupid little prince distract you, and never fulfilled your part. So you're mine now."

I was trembling now, extremely scared. "Y-You c-can't f-force m-me," I stuttered severely.

"Oh, but I can, my dear," Deceit said with a smirk. He murmured a few words I couldn't understand, and his snake eye glowed.

I opened my mouth to scream, but he quickly slapped his hand over it to stop it, "Quiet!"

I whimpered softly, and felt a feeling that could only be described as electricity go through my body. I shut my eyes tight.

Moments later, the buzz of electricity faded away, and I slowly opened my eyes, finding Deceit staring at me with a loving look. I found myself returning it.

"How do you feel, my love?" Deceit asked softly.

"Fine . . ." I replied. I suddenly giggled, "You're so adorable . . ."

Deceit smiled. There was something strange in his expression, but I couldn't decipher it, nor did I seem to care in this moment. Suddenly, I'm getting closer to him, closing the small gap in between us with a slow kiss. I felt him return it, and one my hands threaded into his surprisingly soft hair.

And in that moment, I was under Deceit's control.

And then, I thought I loved him . . .

•Deceit•

It worked. It really worked.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Roman walk away from the door. I smirked, holding Virgil's hand tightly.

"C'mon, let's go home," I said to him.

He nodded quickly, happily. I smiled, and we disappeared together.

I had what I wanted. I shattered their perfect little relationship to pieces. And guess what? I don't feel bad. In fact . . .

I didn't feel a thing.

*
This took a lot longer than I thought it would be. And before any of you ask, yes, there will be another part. Enjoy!