Pumpkin Spice And Everything Nice (Remile)

Written for the TSFA Newspaper
Theme: Fall

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Remile is the ship name between Remy (Sleep) and Dr. Emile Picani. The ship is also referred to as "Picamy"

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

It was officially fall in Gainesville, Florida, as well around the whole United States.

New England will soon be visited by hundreds to see the trees' magnificent autumn colors, people will dig their comfy sweaters out of the closet, and Remy will make his annual change from his usual coffee at Starbucks to a Pumpkin Spice Latte. Ah, yes, everything was right with the world.

Armed with his brown leather jacket, his sunglasses, and a brown messenger bag, Remy Sanders waltzed into the Starbucks, a few of the baristas' faces behind the counter lighting up when they saw their favorite and frequent customer.

There was a small line, and Remy patiently waited, playing a game on his phone to distract him. He glanced up from 'his precious' to see that it was his turn. With a smile, he leaned against the counter.

"It's that time of the year again, Rita." Remy said to the barista. "One pumpkin spice latte, usual size, and a bit of extra whipped cream." He winked and chuckled quietly as she seemed to swoon and nod. After he paid, he waited off to the side. He was known for people-watching, one of his favorite pastimes. He saw many college students on laptops, two people who seemed to be writing stories for Wattpad, and a stressed mother who was trying to keep her children altogether while she waited on her husband. Remy was about to look down at his phone when his eyes locked on a certain person.

He was, if Remy had to be honest, very adorable. He wore a tan sweater with a cotton candy blue tie with similar accents on the sweater. His khakis blended nicely with his top half, as did the dark brown dress shoes he had on. His glasses seemed to be falling off his nose, but he pushed them back with his pencil, only to have his hair fall in his face after and making Remy chuckle quietly.

"Remy!" The barista called out, calling the man to attention as he went to get his latte. When he glanced back over at the person, he was a little startled to see that the man was looking right back at him with a little smile. For once, Remy was a bit hesitant, but he walked over to the person's table, smiling slightly and looking down at him. "Mind if I join you?"

"Oh?" The man looked a bit surprised, but he returned the smile. "I don't mind at all. The more company the better, right?"

"Left," Remy replied, jokingly. He sat down across from the man, sipping from his latte. "My name's Remy."

"Emile Picani. There's a 'doctor' in there, but I usually don't like to use it outside of my therapy sessions," Emile replied, keeping his soft smile. His eyes were warm and reminded the other of melted chocolate. He gently brushed his own hair behind his ear, not breaking his eye contact with Remy. "You're here a lot, aren't you? The baristas seem to love you."

Remy and Emile both laughed. "I am. Better than bars, yeah?"

"Indeed. Though a caffeine problem isn't much better than a drinking one." Emile was clearly joking, and he picked up his own coffee, sipping it before setting it back down. His hair fell down over his eyes once more. It seemed soft, and Remy resisted the urge to just reach out and push it back and see how it felt for himself. He fidgeted a bit with his straw, surprised to find Emile smiling at him yet again.

"What?" Remy finally asked, crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow.

A blush rose upon Emile's cheeks, "Oh, nothing."

"That's a lie," Remy replied with a smirk. Without thinking he playfully and lightly flicked Emile's sleeved arm, watching as the other (and softer) man let out a few giggles.

"Hmm. But perhaps this situation is like a Tootsie Roll Pop. The world made never know!" Emile happily said, causing them both to laugh, letting out small happy sighs after.

Just as Remy was about to say something, his phone rang. He quickly apologized to Emile before standing and walking away to take the call. He returned minutes later wearing an apologetic smile.

"I have to go. My brother, Virgil, and I are currently wanted by our parents to go to some family gathering." He rolled his eyes at how stupid he found it. "I can't stand my brother so this should we fun."

Emile smiled softly, nodding in understanding. "Family gatherings are healthy, and I'm sure you still care your brother despite what you say about not standing him." He chuckled. "Best enjoy your family and loved ones while you can, yeah?"

"I...Yeah!" Remy replied, a bit surprised. He hadn't thought about it that way before. Perhaps Emile was opening his eyes and helping him see a different side of things.

Remy said goodbye and started to leave when he suddenly turned around and walked back to the table. He had his phone out, at the ready. "Can I have your number? Y'know, just so I can get some therapy sessions, of course."

Emile looked up at him before laughing, pulling out his own phone. "Of course. I could never turn down a...client." He smirked slightly but even that was cute and soft.

The two traded numbers, and wished the other well. This time, Remy walked out of the door and to his car. He got in and buckled up, about to start it when his phone buzzed. He pulled it out and checked his messages, finding one new one from a contact named 'Emile 😊'. He immediately recognized that it was a modified quote from 'Tangled.' He chuckled softly, a blush rising on his face.

Emile 😊 — You are my new dream.

*
Without my note, this was exactly 1,000 words oof

Also, hey, y'all! How's everyone doing? I'm actually genuinely wondering lol. I care about you guys.

Me? I'm kinda okay. I've been working on a TON of writing, as well as trying to keep up with school/homework. Your author pal here needs to try and keep up their grades 😂

Anyways, I hope y'all enjoyed this new oneshot with a ship I haven't written for yet! What do you guys think? Would you like to see more Remile?

Love you all!!