Avoiding The Mistletoe Trap (Prinxiety)

Prinxiety
(Add-on to "The Mistletoe Trap")

'Twas the night of December 23rd, and throughout the Sides' "house," only one creature was stirring, and he scurried around like a mouse.

Three nights ago, Roman had snuck into the living room and hung a mistletoe in the doorway of the kitchen. Afterall, he was known for romance.

The day after he hung it, Roman learned that Logan and Patton got stuck in his "trap," kissed, and cuddled for the rest of the day. Now that he made that ship sail, it was time to work on his own.

One of the main reasons he hung the mistletoe was so he could catch Virgil under it and finally be able to kiss him. But somehow Panic! At the Everywhere managed to evade the trap every time Roman was around.

The creative side reached up and hung a strand of silver tinsel on the thumbtacks he had just put in. He made sure to let this leaves of the mistletoe stick out slightly. The decoration was barely noticeable, unless someone were to look directly up at it. Roman hoped that Virgil would assume that the mistletoe had been taken down, and then he could finally fall into the trap.

Roman admired his work and quickly went back to his room.

This would definitely work.

*

The next day, Virgil slept in as always, getting up at 11. He slowly walked down the steps to the living room, where he found Roman seemingly staring at a wall.

"What are you doing, Princey?" he asked, his voice still groggy with sleep.

"Oh, I was just, uh, admiring this artwork."

"That's just a framed picture of Garnet from Steven Universe," Virgil pointed out with a smirk.

"Exactly. It's art."

Virgil shook his head, muttering, "Whatever" as he walked towards the kitchen. He saw Roman slowly turn and suddenly he remembered there was mistletoe in the doorway. He looked up a few inches away from the doorframe but was surprised to see only silver tinsel.

He eyed it for a moment, then walked forward. He didn't want Roman to win this game from the very beginning, and it seemed the creative side had indeed lost. Virgil smirked, not paying attention, just as he ran into someone.

"Ugh," Virgil said, feeling a small sting from the minor impact.

"My apologies," said Logan, adjusting his glasses. Suddenly, the Logical side's eyes grew wide, looking up, and Virgil followed his gaze.

"No," Anxiety said incredulously, staring at the dreaded mistletoe.

"No!" Roman whined, coming over to them. "No, I have tried too hard to have this happen. Excuse me, Logan." Logic gratefully took a step back and Roman took his place, staring down at Virgil.

"I'm sorry that I fooled you, Virgil. It's just they I really wanted to kiss you and—"

Surprisingly, Virgil was the one to close the gap between them. He had to admit that he had been wanting to do this for a while. He had no idea where the courage had come from, but he decided to let it run through him, giving him the bravery he needed.

During this, Logan had ducked out, knowing Patton would love to hear about this.

"My word," Roman said breathlessly as they pulled away.

Virgil blushed as Roman wrapped his arms around the other's waist. "I didn't expect that reaction," Virgil remarked.

"Expect it a lot more," replies Roman, gently pulling him in for another kiss.

The two settled down on the couch and curled up next to each other, turning on a Christmas movie and enjoying each other's company.

*

I couldn't help but make a Prinxiety version of the other chapter. This idea came from this person:

 This idea came from this person:

Enjoy, ~Kirs.