Vampires-Chapter Four

Just to add to the spookiness. I was watching TV with my dad and instead of me cooking tonight we ordered pizza, I went to go get another slice from the kitchen when my cell rang. 'Hello?' I answered and in reply was a heavily breathing Caroline 'Hi' She seemed extremely angry. 'Are you okay what's wrong?' I heard Caroline's stomping footsteps through the phone. 'Well firstly Bonnie made me believe she was a witch and then preformed some witchy voodoo making me freak out! But it was all fake!' She rambled. 'And now she has gone somewhere I don't know.' I thought for a moment, I had a funny feeling she was in danger. 'I will call you back.' I said my voice was rushed, I hung up quickly telling my dad I was going to visit Caroline, But I rushed to the old cemetery. I had a gut feeling she'd be there. When I got there Bonnie was surrounded by a ring of flames, suddenly Damon latched himself onto Bonnie and started biting her neck his eyes were bloodshot and dark veins popped out from under his eyes, Stefan ripped him off her. 'Bonnie!' I screamed and ran over to her, Stefan said that she was alive but barely, he bit into his own wrist feeding her his blood. I watched her neck as it magically healed. 'What the hell?' I thought out loud.

'I don't understand, Elena. What happened to me?' Bonnie asked, she was trembling leaning beside a car to keep her balance. 'How do you feel? Are you okay?' Elena said trying to distract Bonnie, but I saw right through her. She knew exactly what was going on. 'I'm fine. It's just this blood. I don't....' She paused when we heard footsteps, Stefan approached us. 'I'm not going to hurt you.' He promised and I turned to Elena. 'What is going on?' I demanded. I was starting to get angry. 'I will explain everything.' She began. 'Lets just get out of here.' Bonnie and I got into the car and we waited for Elena to finish talking to Stefan. 'You okay?' I questioned, she was silently sobbing. 'I think.' She mumbled and I wiped a tear that was running down her cheek. Damon's monster face kept replaying in my mind. When we got back to Elena's she explained everything to us, about vampires and the Salvatore brothers. All of the stuff I once believed in was just slipping away. Everything in fairytales could be true, everything that humans considered fantasy, everything seemed like a different world now. I didn't stay long as I had to get back to dad, I only stayed long enough for her to fill me in on vampires. When I got home he was asleep on the couch with a piece of pizza in his hand. I laughed quietly and took the slice out of his hand putting it back in the box, I went upstairs and tried to sleep. I couldn't the unsettling wind and my mind spiralling around.

After Class I walked down the hall to my locker until I saw something that caught my attention. It was Caroline and Matt, they were all touchy. It surprised me how fast people move on in this town, one minute he was upset about Elena next he was kissing me and now all over Caroline. I rolled my eyes which Matt saw causing him to walk over. 'Hey.' He greeted awkwardly and I slammed my locker door, I think I was just on edge about the supernatural thing. 'What's wrong with you?' He asked sheepishly and this made me angry, I shaped my fists into a ball. 'It's just you said you shouldn't move on quickly and here you are with Caroline.' I spat angrily and a few faces turned my way, I grew embarrassed causing me to calm down. 'We are just friends.' He assured me and put his arm on my shoulder, I shrugged it off.
I scoffed. 'Bye Matt.' I walked off to my next class.

Tonight was careers night, dad got home early from work to take me. When we got to school the corridor was filled with students, there were stations for each career path. 'So what are you interested in?' Dad asked his gruff voice made heads turn. In fact some of the younger students seemed afraid of my dad, he was big and tall so he towered over them. 'Well I want to teach like mum.' I told him awkwardly and picked up a university booklet, bringing up mum made dad look rather upset. It was true I have always respected my mums profession, although I didn't want to teach primary school students I wanted to teach at a high school level. Dad didn't speak to me the rest of the night, I assumed it was because I was the constant reminder of my mum.

The weeks went by and with it being senior year I had lots of homework. Dad took me to another library that was fully stocked and I got some really good books and on the way there he finally spoke to me. 'Leah.' He started. 'If teaching is a passion of yours I think you'll be amazing at it. You are amazing.' He smiled down at me and I smiled up at him, what he said made me feel really special. Matt and I avoided each other for a few weeks until we both realised we were being stupid. Everything was fine for a little while until my dad got a distressed call from my Grandad, my Grandma had fallen extremely ill and was admitted to hospital. So as soon as my dad could get hold of some tickets we flew to Arizona.

I missed the warm sun. Usually I would spend my time soaking it up into my skin but I was so worried about my Grandma I couldn't and wasn't even thinking about the sun right now. We wrote her a get well card and brought some flowers in for her, when we visited she was asleep. My dad and Grandad spoke outside as I sat with Grandma holding her hand. It turns out once she was "well" enough to leave hospital Grandad wanted us to take her home with us, he said he couldn't look after her properly and wanted to make sure she was taken care of. Dad of course said yes, I was hoping he didn't. We were putting her in danger bringing her to our town, where blood thriving vampires lived. I wish I could of told him. When we returned to Mystic Falls to my amusement my Grandma complained about the weather, how it was 'To cold to think'. She was a little lady who always wore pastel colours, she had a little Australian accent as she originated from Australia. I remember when I was little she took us there to visit and showed us all where she grew up. But when she met my Grandad it was love at first sight so she moved to Arizona to be with him. My mum when she was growing up hated the heat in Arizona and that's why she moved to Washington with my dad and had me.

My Grandma had her good and bad days. Her good days was when she was baking at home, washing and gardening in the backyard. I would often join her with the gardening but when it came to baking I sat there and watched. But her bad days consisted of her getting confused where she was, putting the kettle in the fridge and sometimes she forgot who dad and I were. Her bad days kept getting worse to the point that dad called Grandad about it, but he didn't want her back in hospital so dad agreed to keeping her here.

After school I would go home straight away to make sure Grandma was okay. When I got home today I locked the door behind me and hung up my parka. 'Gran?' I called out loudly. There was no reply. I began to grow worried and I looked around the house until I found her in the back yard, she was slouched over almost frozenly. 'Hey are you okay?' I pressed and ran over to her. There was still no response, once I got to her I saw blood dripping down her and she was dead. There was a vampire bite on her neck I looked up balling my eyes out. 'Help!' I screamed through the tears. I saw Stefan creep behind from the bushes, he had blood running down from his mouth. 'YOU DID THIS!' I cried out loudly and stood up, he quickly vanished into thin air and I ran inside. I used my cell and called my dad and then the ambulance. I of course couldn't rat out Stefan because I couldn't expose the vampires which pained me even more. First my mum and then my Grandma? My life was just revolved around death, like the moon to my earth.

We had a funeral for her back in Arizona, my Grandpa moved in with his sister so he wouldn't be lonely. What hurt me more is that her cause of death was an animal attack, everyone would never know the truth. I wish I had done more to protect my Grandma this was all my fault.

It was official I hated vampires. I hated Stefan Salvatore.

☾☾☾
A/N: Sorry this chapter is really short but it was a filler before I started on season two! I know I missed a lot of episodes sorry. So just a recap before we start season two. Leah knows about Witches and Vampires, Stefan has killed her Grandma.

 Leah knows about Witches and Vampires, Stefan has killed her Grandma