Finale-Chapter Twenty Five

My heels clunked along the side walk as I strolled around New Orleans. The sun was out and the day was a good day. But I was wrong.
Someone tapped me on the shoulder, I assumed it was Klaus.
'Not now Klaus I'm busy trying to distract myself from the fact I'm a murderous vampire.' I complained and twirled my hair in my fingers.
'I'm not Klaus.' The voice said from behind me, it was a women and she had a voice like feathers. I turned around and there standing in front of me was my mum. The one who died a long time ago, the one who I mourned over for years. 'Mum.' I breathed out and she nodded happily, I couldn't smell her blood indicating she was vampire. 'It's so good to see you sweetie.' Although she didn't sound as happy as she was trying to prove.
'You- you left dad and I to become this? You have a lot of explaining to do.' I hissed and she cackled evilly at this.
'No I don't.' And with that she snapped my neck and my world turned to complete blackness. This wasn't the mother I remembered, my mum wouldn't of hurt a fly but apparently she can snap her own daughters neck.

When I woke up I realised I was tied up with vervain ropes onto a chair, the room was dark and my daylight ring wasn't on my finger.
'Oh good morning sunshine.' My mums voice rang and I looked up seeing she was standing in front of me.
I scoffed. 'Cut the crap. Tell me why you did what you did.' She frowned and took a seat in front of me.
'Well I wasn't happy with your farther anymore, actually for a long time. I was only with him for you. So I made a friend with a girl down the end of my street, her name was Lucy. She turned me into a vampire, enabling me to start a new life. I wanted to make it work by being your mum and a vampire but my blood lust was to strong and I didn't want to hurt you. So I faked my own death and fled, I did come back to check on you every now and then of course. But then I realised Klaus was coming to town so I tried to warn you to stay away from him by the dreams, I even got Lucy's brother Spencer to try and intervene. I warned you, Leah.'
I was in tears by the time she was finished, I couldn't believe she could just abandoned me like that.
'I'm going to tell you once more to stay away from Klaus, or I will have to kill you. I don't want you to become a person like him.' She warned and I looked at her in disgust, how could she be like this?
'You don't get to tell me what to do anymore.' I yelled out and tried to break free out of the vervain ropes.
'So Ana did she agree to the terms?' Another voice asked, it was an unfamiliar face. A girl.
My mum sighed. 'No, she didn't Lucy.'

I had passed out and woke back up in the same chair. 'Why won't you just let me go. I don't want to see you and you clearly don't want to see me.' I mumbled and my eyes fluttered open seeing my mum and Lucy still standing there. 'It's called vengeance sweetie.' Lucy piped up speaking for my mum, she twirled a stake in her hands.
I looked over at my mum. 'I spent years of my life crying about you and this is what I get?' I paused waiting for her to say something but she didn't. 'You know what just do it.'
Lucy snickered and gained closer to me, the stake firmly in her grip. Just before she could shove it in my heart I broke out of the ropes and grabbed the stake out of her hands. I stabbed her in the heart, leaving her to turn grey. Suddenly Klaus barged through the door, anger in his face. 'Looks like you're late.' I smirked and he returned one by seeing what I had just done. I glared over to my mum who was sitting on the chair looking down at her dead friend. 'You can take care of this one. I wouldn't waste my energy on her.' I told Klaus and snatch my daylight ring from Lucy's finger and walked out of the room. As I walked along I considered turning off my humanity, I considered taking off my ring and burning to death. But I couldn't.

When I got back to Klaus mansion he was already there, my mothers blood stained on his fingers. 'I'm sorry, sweetheart.' He whispered and pulled me into a hug, I took in his scent.
I paused him away lightly, I couldn't help but sigh. 'What is it?' He asked and placed a finger on my chin, lifting up my head gently.
'After all this time, Klaus.' I licked my lips. 'I still love you.'
There was a silence.
'I love you too.' He replied in a slight whisper, he stepped forward his face inches from mine. His lips were soon smothered onto mine. We vampire sped up to his room and ripped off each other's clothes. Every time his hands traced down my body I shivered.
I took control of the situation for once and landed on top, Klaus tried to fight for dominance but I won each time. For once I felt strong. For once I felt like I was worth something.

I was born to become a vampire.

I knew I would never be able to overcome the fact I killed people and had innocent blood on my hands, or the truth I learnt about my mum. But I knew that I still had people that loved and cared for me, that was all the mattered.
I ended up speaking to Caroline everyday because she missed me, she always ended up trying to persuade me to come back to Mystic Falls. But with Klaus was where I belonged and to tell you the truth New Orleans was beginning to grow on me.

☾☾☾

A/N: Okay that was the final chapter!! It's kind of a bitter sweet ending in a way, I really enjoyed writing this story though. Anyways I will be writing an epilogue but this is technically the final chapter! I hope you enjoyed the way it all played out. :)