Damon-Chapter Five

Aimlessly I dragged my feet into the hospital. I was sick and tired of them, after my mum and now my Grandma. The hospital and I weren't exactly best friends right now. I made my way over to the front desk, a lady with grey wiry hair wearing oval shaped glasses was sitting there. 'Hey um I'm here to see Caroline Forbes.' I announced, she looked up at me and then back down at her computer. I stood there awkwardly waiting for the lady to speak, I looked around at all the nurses and doctors rushing around. The constant beeping noise made me quiver. The lady looked up at me once she stopped typing. 'She is in room fifty three. Down the hall to your left.' I thanked her and quickly headed down the hall. Last I heard Caroline wasn't doing well so I prepared myself for the worst. When I walked into the room to my shock I saw Caroline sitting up in bed perkily eating a cup of jelly. 'Leah finally I missed you!' She yelled out happily and got up giving me a hug, I kind of just stood there I was a little stunned that she was recovered so quickly. I had locked myself at home in my room since Grandma died this was my first outing, apart from going to the shops with dad occasionally. 'Yeah I missed you too.' I admitted and she released me. I hung my head low feeling guilty about not seeing her or answering her calls. 'So how are you?' She asked and placed herself on the bed, she began digging into a rice pudding. 'A girl in hospital is asking how somebody else is doing?' I joked sarcastically she rolled her eyes exchanging a laugh. I stayed with Caroline and she told me all the gossip that had been going on like any normal day, like she had completely forgotten she was in hospital. Apparently her and Matt are in a serious relationship, I told her I was happy for them. I actually was, I had gotten over my childish grudge over Matt.

Dad and I got ready for the mayors funeral, I had have enough with funerals at the moment. At the after party I stood there alone in the corner of the room trying not to draw any attention to myself.

Masons POV
I looked around the room at the towns people and all of Tylers friends. Tyler was by my side doing the same thing. I kept looking until suddenly my eyes met a girl in the corner of the room. She had chestnut brown hair, doey eyes and perfect Ivory skin. 'Who's that?' I asked Tyler and subtly pointed at her. Tyler laughed smugly at her and looked back over to me. 'I already tried with her don't bother, apparently nobody here is good enough for her.' He said, I wondered when she broke his heart, I smiled to myself at the thought. I liked a bit of a challenge and strutted over to her. When I approached her she smelt of strawberry shampoo and musk perfume- I liked it. 'Hey, what's a beautiful girl like yourself doing here alone?' I leaned against the wall and smirked down at her, hoping she couldn't resist my charms. I will have to admit she was young for me but that didn't matter. 'I was just thinking about you and how hot you look.' She said playing with her hair. I knew she couldn't resist me.
I smiled charmingly. 'Really?'
'No.' Her answer was blunt and cold, she walked off leaving me standing there alone. I went to chase after her but that Damon guy got to her first.

Leah's POV
What was it and the Lockwoods being sleazy? When I walked away I was approached by none other than Damon Salvatore. The brother of my Grandmas murderer and also a vampire. 'What do you want?' I demanded angrily, I could feel my face getting hotter. 'I noticed that Mason guy was bothering you and I wanted to apologise. I know we got off on the wrong foot.' He stated. I couldn't tell if I was just being up tight and to accept his apology or not.
I thought for a moment. 'Fine but you only have one chance, vampire boy.' I pointed my finger at him and in return he threw up his hands in surrender. I left to go find my dad who like usual was talking to sheriff Forbes. I saw Bonnie and Elena walk past me so I used that as a reason to leave my dads conversation about God knows what. 'Hey guys.' I greeted and gave them both a hug each. 'Hey Leah, I'm sorry for your loss.' She said sincerely and grabbed my hand squeezing it. 'Thanks Bonnie, it's been rough but I'm okay now.' I lied. It was a good lie to. But everyone does it, everyone says they're fine when they aren't. Elena didn't say anything she just looked me up and down. 'Katherine.' Stefan breathed and I took a step back from her. This was the notorious vampire I had been hearing about. 'Well that's my que to leave.' I said glaring at Stefan I nudged him with my shoulder as hard as I could before I walked away. It definitely hurt me more than it had hurt him. I was sick of this funeral and I wanted to leave. I wanted to curl up into my bed and cry.