New Orleans-Chapter Twenty Four

'Caroline I already told you what I did was unforgivable.' I barked. 'Nothing can change what I did!' I continued pacing back and forth, running my hands through my hair.
Caroline tried to comfort me. 'Don't blame yourself.'
I threw my hands into the air. 'Why? There is no one else to blame. I was the one who did it.' She jumped up off her chair and pulled me into a hug, I let my arms stiffen by my sides. I was a monster. I let my bloodlust take over and it was unforgivable.

Flashback to earlier that day
Everything was heightened. My touch, smell and even sight. When I had woken up instead of Damon being in the room it was Elena, Caroline and Bonnie. 'Ow!' I yelped and traced my finger over my gums, I assumed my fangs were starting to grow.
'I made you this.' Said Bonnie and she handed me a platinum banded ring with a amethyst gem on the front. 'It's a daylight ring.'
She placed it in my hand and I shoved it onto my finger, I smiled at her lightly. I turned away from the group looking in the mirror hanging on the wall in front of me. I ripped my locket from my neck, the one Damon gave me, to protect me from compulsion. 'I guess I won't need this anymore.' I mumbled and pulled it from my neck, without realising I crushed it in my fist, it fell onto the ground into a million pieces.
'You need to feed.' Elena stated, I turned back around facing the girls sadly.
I nodded. 'I need time to think... By myself first.' The girls agreed and I left the room. Walking among the campus grounds I couldn't think at all, well I could but only about blood. James ran up to me smiling, he pulled me into a hug. I rested my chin on his shoulder, I could smell the blood inside of him. 'Good to see you.' He enthused and pushed me away, allowing me to see his sharp smile. He began talking but I couldn't hear anything, all I could hear was the blood running inside of him. 'Don't scream.' I compelled him and he nodded with a dazed expression, all of a sudden I was biting into his neck, nothing happened. Annoyed I pulled away and tried again, this time I hit a vein and blood started to ooze out. It was the most wonderful thing I had ever tasted.
'Leah stop you're killing him!' Caroline shouted who was now beside me. 'Find a will to stop!' In my head I was pulling away crying, but physically I was still feeding. Caroline soon realised I wasn't going to stop and pulled me off of him. He fell to the ground lifelessly, it took me a minute to realise he was dead. 'Oh my god, no, no, no.' I shrieked and leant down onto the ground, lifting his head into my arms, he was light. 'You're not dead. You're not dead.' I bit into my wrist, attempting to save him but it was to late. I was a murderer.

Present time
'Leah you're still learning control, don't be so hard on yourself.' She pulled me away gently and I rolled my eyes at her comment.
I had just killed someone I cared about. My friend. I noticed my reflection in the window and I didn't recognise myself, I didn't know who I was anymore. No my appearance hadn't changed but I had. Not only was that bad but my emotions were heightened and everything I felt for Klaus had been heightened. The aching I experienced almost consumed me now. 'I have to get out of here.' I concluded and walked into mine and Jessica's bedroom, I began re packing my suitcase full of my things.
'And where are you going?' Demanded Caroline who stomped into the bedroom.
I shrugged. 'Anywhere other than here.' Soon everything was packed and Caroline looked at me sadly.
'Leah you're my best friend. Please don't leave me.' She was trying to hold back her tears, it seemed to be paining her.
'I will call you.' I promised and hugged her one last time, I then wrote Jessica a quick note and stuck it on top of the un used diary I brought myself.

Dear Jessica,
I'm sorry for leaving you I really am. I know everything with your parents will go fine, remember they love you. Anyways, I want you to write in this diary everyday. I want you to put down all your thoughts and feelings. Maybe one day I will be able to read it and see you again.
From Leah.

I dragged my suitcase behind me effortlessly. When I first came to college I remember how heavy the suitcase was and now it felt as light as a feather. I put my suitcase in the back of my car and hesitated before driving away from campus. I was saying goodbye to the old Leah, the human Leah.
I parked my car in the first car park I saw when I got to New Orleans. I decided to walk the rest of the way, the sound of trumpets and jazz music filled my ears from the distance. I walked into the first bar I came across and took a seat on a rickety stool, walking seemed to be careless now and I didn't stumble at all now. 'Hey just a shot of tequila thanks.' I told the bar tender, she had golden locks and I could smell her blood pressure. Becoming a vampire made me realise how much my blood must of effected vampires when I was human, because it was so irresistible. She smiled at me and handed me a shot. I titled my head back and sunk it down easily. 'What's your name?' I asked and gestured for her to fill up my shot glass.
She filled it before replying. 'Cami.'
'Well Cami, do you know where I could find Klaus Mikaelson. I'm an old friend.' She seemed shocked by his name, but not to shocked.
'Yeah, actually I could get him to come down here if you'd like?'
I chugged down my drink. 'That would be helpful, thanks.'