A Date- Chapter Ten

Third Person
As Klaus drove out of town he occasionally looked in the mirror to have a glimpse of Leah sleeping. She had her mouth a gap baring her two front teeth as she took in deep breaths, he thought she looked beautiful making him smile. He pulled up out the front of the grand house he would be staying at, he scooped Leah up out of the back seat and began walking her inside.

Leah's POV
My eyes fluttered opened and my breath hitched when I noticed I was in Klaus's arms and I didn't recognise where I was. 'Put me down now you psycho!' I shouted demandingly and I went to grab for my locket but it was gone. 'Where is my locket.' I asked in fright and klaus tutted me. 'It is safe and so are you don't worry.' He compelled me and I bit my lip gently, a wave of calmness swarmed over me. I assumed we where all the way out here for him to make hybrids and escape his dad. 'But why did you bring me with you?' I questioned sheepishly and he placed me onto my feet as we got inside. 'You promised me a date remember.' He replied winking and locked the front door behind him. I looked around at the house and it really was quiet dashing. 'You have a wardrobe in the bedroom on your left upstairs, I assure you there will be a dress for you to wear tonight.' He announced and I assumed he meant we were going out for dinner or a date. A date with Klaus Mikaelson? I really am crazy. 'I have business to attend to so you can just chill out here.' He then walked over to me and placed his hand on my cheek causing me to blush. 'You cannot leave this house unless I say you can.' He compelled me and walked out the front door. Great I was officially on house arrest like a dog.

The whole day I spent trying on the beautiful dresses upstairs and reading magazines about famous actress and how they lost weight so fast. I bit into a piece of chocolate I found in the fridge. 'I don't understand why anyone cares about weight.' I said out loud with a mouth full of chocolate, my hands stained chocolate onto the pages as I flicked through. To my excitement I heard a car pull up and I looked out seeing Klaus, finally some company. But then realisation hit me he made plans to go on a date and I wasn't even ready. So I bolted upstairs and quickly slipped into a purple dress when I heard Klaus call out. 'You ready?' Crap I thought to myself as I struggled to put my shoes on. 'Almost.' I called back out and applied some nude lipstick before walking downstairs. He looked me up and down and held out his arm for me to take. 'You look devine.' He stated and I blushed taking his hand. He lead me out to the car and held the passenger door open for me, just like a gentlemen. The drive there I regularly caught Klaus glancing over to me smiling which I pretended not to see.

The restaurant looked beautiful and was lit up out the front by fairy lights. The manager at the front door welcomed us and opened the door for us both, Klaus placed his hand on my waist as we walked inside. The host was female, and I understood the look in her eyes as she assessed Klaus. She welcomed him a little more warmly than necessary. I was surprised by how much that bothered me. She was several inches taller than I was, and unnaturally blonde. 'A table for two?' His voice was alluring, whether he was aiming for that or not. I saw her eyes flicker to me and then away, satisfied by the cautious non contact space between Klaus and I. She led us to a table in the back of the restaurant where it was more quieter. 'Thankyou,love.' He said smiling at her and she seemed dazed for a moment. 'Your waiter will be right out.' She stumbled away and Klaus pulled my chair out for me. 'You shouldn't dazzle people like that.' I criticised as he sat down in front of me. He seemed confused. 'I dazzle people?' Now it was amusement filling his eyes instead. I huffed trying to hold back a sour face, I mean after all I was in a elegant restaurant. This time it was a male waiter who seemed extremely gay and wore a pink bow tie which I thought was cute. 'Hello. My name is William and I will be your server tonight. What can I get you to drink?' He asked smiling at the both of us. He looked at me. 'I will have a coke.' I said and Klaus nodded. 'Two cokes.' He added and the waiter wrote it down on his little note pad. 'I will be right back with that.' The waiter returned very quickly with a basket of breadsticks and our drinks. 'So tell me why do you not like your dad?' I asked and sipped my drink. He sighed seeming a little sad. 'Let's say he was a abusive dad and hated me.' He looked down at the table and I felt extremely guilty for him. I had never know what it was like to have a dad like that, my dad may not be the best at times but I love him and he loves me. He looked back up realising I wanted to know more. 'I can show you if you like.' Klaus told me and I nodded, he then leant his arm across the table reaching for mine. I closed my eyes and saw the Mikaelson family. I got to see all his siblings and how his father treated him I got to see Klaus first turn into a werewolf and it looked painful. 'That's horrible.' I gasped as he released my hand and I opened my eyes. 'You didn't deserve that.' He didn't respond and just sipped his drink. The waiter then returned. 'Are you ready to order?' He asked and nervously I picked the first thing I saw. 'Um... I'll have mushroom ravioli.' He then faced Klaus. 'And you?' He then spoke out a French named dish and the waiter jotted it down before leaving. 'When did you learn to speak French?' I questioned eagerly, I wish I was as interesting as him. 'When I went there.' He replied shrugging simply. 'Anyways how about you, why'd you move to Mystic Falls?' I blinked for a moment surprised he wanted to talk about me. 'Well my mum passed away so dad couldn't stand living in Washington anymore because it reminded him of mum. So we moved here and so did my Grandma for a while when she was ill and....' I trailed off sadly and Klaus picked up on it. 'And what?' He persisted. 'And Stefan killed her.' I mumbled and Klaus angrily banged his fist on the table causing heads to turn. He then realised and calmed down. The waiter brought out our food and we began eating. I couldn't stop staring at Klaus as I ate my food and thinking about how kind he was being to me tonight, it was strange.