The Game-Chapter Nine

Dad and I had just gotten back from our holiday in Arizona. I would miss the heat. My Grandpa had given me as a present a china girl figurine which once belonged to my Grandma. I felt sorry for my Grandpa he seemed very lonely without company.

Once I got home I was starving so the first thing I did was rush into the kitchen and make myself a cheese toastie. The room had white linoleum floors and yellow cabinets I painted in attempt to brighten up the house. I sat at the old square oak table to eat my toastie. Dad went straight to work and caught up on anything around the place. Although I don't mind being alone, often I felt like I couldn't relate to people like there was a glitch in my brain or something. The next day was Elena's birthday so Caroline took me shopping for an outfit. It was her eighteenth birthday which I recently had celebrated my eighteenth in Arizona with my family. Dad had bought me a brand new car, it was a white SUV with slightly tinted windows. From my mums sister I got a fluffy black key chain and vanilla car freshener. My cousins got me some new clothes, especially summer outfits as it can get quiet sunny sometimes in Mystic Falls and also because that's all they sold in Arizona. I got the China figurine from Grandpa and I even got some money in the mail from dads old friend John. I used this money for shopping for my outfit to wear to Elena's birthday party.

'So how about this.' Chimed Caroline as she held up a dress. I looked at it for a moment before shaking my head. 'Argh! I really liked the dusty rose.' She groaned and hung the dress back onto the rack. I picked up a navy blue dress and showed it to Caroline who gave me a disapproving look. 'That is so unflattering, I won't allow it.' She protested and continued looking at the dresses. 'I mean it's not like I'm trying to flatter anyone anyways.' I mumbled shrugging and she raised a brow. 'Well tomorrow night is going to be your night. You will find some hot guy and have hot sex with him.' She said laughing and pulled out a dress forcing it into my hands. 'Now go try this on you minks.' Sometimes I didn't know whether to be embarrassed by Caroline or to go along with it. I decided to just laugh and go along with it.

Finally after a while I found- well Caroline found the "sexiest" dress. It was black with little detailing which Caroline said was a key feature for a eighteenth birthday party. I mean the dress was pretty it's just after awhile the fabric got quiet itchy.
Once I got home I practiced walking around the kitchen in Caroline's black stilettos, which apparently was another key part of the outfit. I stumbled for the fifth time and dad helped me regain my balance. 'Why don't you just wear your flats?' He asked confused and scratched his head. I laughed. 'Believe me I would if Caroline wasn't forcing me to.' I told him and continued strutting- well attempting to strut around the kitchen.

The next night I got ready for Elena's party. I curled my hair, applied a thick coat of lip gloss and some mascara.
I walked into the boarding house anxiously, stumbling a few times as I made my way up the steps. Once I got inside I looked around for anyone I recognised. Suddenly I saw my favourite raven haired vampire Damon with the birthday girl Elena. 'Happy birthday.' I shouted to Elena over the loud music and hugged her, I then hugged Damon tightly who I had missed the most, taking in his strong scent of cologne. I then handed her my gift. 'Hey, Leah I didn't want anything but thankyou.' She said happily and I smirked at Damon while she opened it. She then pulled out a pair of laundrette, I knew Damon liked Elena hence why I smirked at him. And besides I would prefer him to be with Elena then Stefan. 'Wow um thankyou.' Elena mumbled awkwardly and quickly shoved them into the bag, she flushed a shade of red. I now felt awkward to. 'It was Caroline's idea.' I said quickly and she giggled. 'I thought so.' A group of drunk girls then suddenly walked passed us with one of Damon's whiskey bottles. 'Hey.Hey.Hey. No.' He said frantically, he then leant forward compelling the girls. 'You don't want that. You want the cheap stuff over by the cheap young people. He then turned to us with an amused look. 'Don't do that!' I growled, this seemed to make him more amused.