Season One Summary

Hey guys I just wanted to do a paragraph explaining my choices and if you're feeling lost in the story to clear it up.

So Leah and her dad use to be really close until her mum passed away and now things are awkward between them. Leah isn't a social butterfly and prefers to keep to herself, she has never felt like she fits in. But in saying that she doesn't really mind it either. She doesn't get involved in a lot of the vampire drama because she isn't ready to face it all yet, after still recovering from her mothers death. She is often anxious when being around people, even if she has known them for a while. Her dad Peter Black, is a workaholic and loves his job as a firefighter, always trying to get extra shifts. The reason why it is never stated in the chapters about her friends in Washington is because she never had many or any that she could connect to. The only reason why she didn't want to leave her old town was because the memories of her mum, although this is exactly why her dad wanted to leave. She didn't mind leaving her friends because she wasn't close to anyone. Neither was her dad who was a firefighter in their town as well, he only had John. Her mum Anastasia who preferred to be called Ana, was very bubbly and loved socialising. She was the one who everyone in the town knew and loved, also making it hard for Leah and her dad to move on.

In Mystic Falls she tries to fit in which leads to her getting drunk for the first time and hooking up with Matt Donovan, which she only did to help fit in. Although she realises it was a hug mistake. She connects to Elena because her parents had just died to, although she becomes closer with Matt and Caroline. Leah also helps Bonnie out when transitioning into a witch and this helped them become closer.