Mikaelsons Ball-Chapter Thirteen

I plastered a sheer coat of ruby lipstick on my lips, just enough to add colour and a little bit of eyeshadow. I wore my hair in a half up half down style, and I left it wavy. Damon didn't want Kol coming to the house so he drove me to the ball instead, the place was surrounded in people with elegant dresses and suits.
As soon as Damon left my side Kol appeared in front of me offering me a glass of champagne. 'You look exquisite.' He said seductively and kissed my hand, I blushed which he noticed. He took my arm and headed over to Damon and Carol Lockwood. 'Mayor Lockwood. We haven't formally met I'm Kol Mikaelson.' He introduced himself in a formal but somehow mischievous manor and kissed her hand. 'I hope your lovely town embraces us just as much as we plan to embrace it.' Carol seemed flattered but Damon did not. 'Damon Salvatore, have we met?.' He bluntly stated and offered his hand but Kol didn't take it. 'I've met a lot of people and you don't particularly stand out.' He then turned his head to face me. 'Come along Leah, darling.' I gave a small wave to Carol and Damon before I walked off with the notorious Kol Mikaelson. Looking behind me I saw Elena walking in and both Damon and Stefan went over to her causing me to scoff. Kol noticed what I was looking at and he smirked at me. 'Why are you acting like that you're in the same position as, Elena.' He told me in a duh tone, I tilted my head at him confused. 'What do you mean?' I asked and this caused him to laugh. 'You have both me and Klaus.' I rolled my eyes at him. 'Klaus and I are not like that.' I declared and he shrugged taking a sip of his own drink. 'Oh well looks like I have a pretty thing like you all to myself.' He raised his glass and I clinked mine with his and we both took a sip.

Klaus's POV
I watched as Leah spoke with Kol who was obviously flirting with her, I clenched my jaw angrily at the sight. From the other direction of the room I saw Caroline walk in wearing the dress I gave her, I decided to make it up to her for her birthday to get her a dress. She noticed me and walked over to where I was standing. 'Good evening.' I chimed swaying on the balls of my feet. She paused for a moment. 'I need a drink.' Her voice was regretful and I watched as she marched away. To my annoyance Kol strutted over with Leah clinging to his arm. 'Hello Niklaus.' He greeted smirking, he clearly knew I was bothered by him asking Leah to the ball. 'Seems like your date just bailed on you, what a pity. Well mine hasn't and as a matter of fact she's much prettier.' He was trying to push my buttons I could tell. I had to agree Leah was the most beautiful girl here, but I didn't invite Caroline here because I fancied her. I had another motive. 'Caroline's my friend so treat her good.' Was all Leah said and the two walked away.

A few minutes later Elijah ordered us all together for his speech he wanted to make to the guests. I nudged Kol as I made my way onto the steps.

Leah's POV
Elijah's voice rang throughout the room. 'Uh, if everyone could gather please.' Everyone made there way into the main entrance room, I tried not to trip over my dress.. Being clumsy and all. That was the main reason why I was clinging on to Kol before. 'Welcome thankyou for joining us. You know whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it is tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance.' I looked up at the family realising both Klaus and Kol had there eyes on me, it was rather intimidating. 'Tonight's pick is a centuries old waltz. So if all of you could please find yourselves a partner and join us in the ballroom.' He ended his speech directing where the ballroom was with his hands, and I was livid. I couldn't dance at all, I pretty much had to left feet. Kol came over to me and offered me his hand, reluctantly I took it. Our arms linked together and I tried to remain calm. As we headed to the ballroom I walked past Damon and Elena, I winked at the two urging them to dance together.

Everyone got into position in the ballroom and I stood behind Elena who was dancing with Damon, I couldn't help but smile. I looked around seeing Klaus was dancing with Caroline and this made me frown slightly, I decided not to concentrate on them and to focus on my dancing. Luckily Kol was a good leader along the dance floor which helped my dancing not to look so, well sloppy.