27. Your answer?

Everyone stared at me with wide eyes. "Could you please repeat that?", the Hokage asks. I smile and nod. "I said that I would like to adopt Naruto Uzumaki and Sasuke Uchiha". The old man with the bandaged face, Danzo I think his name is, stood and glared at me. "What is it that you plan to do with those boys? You mustn't think we are stupid enough to let you adopt them", he accuses. I scoff. "I don't plan on doing anything but being there for them and loving them like my own children, if anything you should be wanting someone to look out for them. They will become strong ninja in the future and if you neglect them any further they will turn against your village. Rogues are born from abandonment, they leave their villages because they don't see them as home, only as prisons". The Hokage stood and turned to Danzo. Danzo gritted his teeth and sat back down. The Hokage turned to me, giving a serious and very intimidating look. "I will agree to this as long as you give the two boys the choice, you are now free to return to your apartment and work at the academy. Return to me later on today and I shall have prepared the adoption papers for you. Only if they agree should you be allowed to adopt them". I nod. "Of course, I would never force them into it". The Hokage nods and I stand. I walk out of the room, everyone's eyes burning into the back of my head.

I walked out of the room and then finally out of the court house. People stared at me as I walked down the street. I didn't know what to do first, go home or maybe even visit the academy. I had heard that several students, mainly Naruto, hung around the Hokage's mansion while I was being kept there. It was so traumatizing seeing all of those things from my past again. The second time wasn't as bad as the original experience though, at least I knew what was going to happen. I look up into the sky and notice that its only 1 pm, the kids would all still be in the academy. While lost in thought I didn't hear a person calling out my name. Suddenly someone tapped me on the shoulder and I turned to see Haruka holding her daughter close to her, tears running down her cheeks. She unexpectedly hugs me, squashing Tsuki in between the two of us. She squealed and giggled so we pulled away. I look up and meet Haruka's gaze. "Thank you so much, if it wasn't for you I might of been executed". She shakes her head and laughs. "If it wasn't for you I would've died or worse, they would've taken Tsuki". I nod and look down at the giggling bundle of blankets. I offer my finger to her and she wraps her small hand around it. "She really seems to like you, she usually cries when she gets near other people", Haruka chuckles. I smile at Tsuki and she smiles back. "So where are you going to move?", Tsuki asks. I raise my eyebrows. "Who said anything about moving?". "Well you're adopting two boys, where are they gonna sleep?". I mentally slap myself. "Oh right, I should've thought about that". Haruka sweat drops. "Well what kind of house are you looking for?", she asks. I tap my chin, my face lighting up suddenly. "It needs four bedrooms". She tilts her head to the side. "Why four?". "One for Naruto, one for Sasuke, One for me and the last for any guests". She nods. "I know a place that just became available near my apartment, we should check it out". My face lights up and I nod happily.

Timeskip

Haruka lead me all the way to her apartment and from there we walked to the house she was talking about. We were able to go in and look around and I was glad I did so. It was a beautiful house, a house I dreamed of as a child, a family house. There would me a mother a father, an older sister, a brother and then a baby sister. They would have a dog which they would take to the park every weekend where they sat under the trees eating ice cream. That was my dream, to be happy, to have a family. Haruka waves her hand in front of my face. "Hey are you Ok? You keep zoning out". I nod. "Yeah I'm fine, I was just thinking". "So are you gonna get the house?", she asks. I smile and nod. "Yeah, its perfect".

Timeskip

I walked away from the house and in the direction of the academy. People kept staring at me, it was even worse then outside the court house. I hate these people, I'm not lying. They just want me to suffer more. I manage to push away any dark thoughts and think about something else. I wonder what they would say. I knew Naruto would say yes, he would probably give me a big hug and tell me how happy he is. But Sasuke... Is he ready? He lost his family, is he ready to be part of another one. I can never take the place of his mother and I know that he isn't that fond of the idea of having a brother, not after his actually brother. Itachi I think his name it, he about four years younger then me. Its strange to think about everything I've been though and I'm only 22, all the terrible things that happen in my life so far only happen to people in their lives as an entirety not the first 22 years. I sigh and smile as I see the academy in the distance.

I walk in through the front door and see the woman sitting behind her desk. Her eyes widen. "They pardoned you?", she asks. I nod. "I did nothing and I don't plan on doing anything, I'll just continue living here". She nods and points down the hall. "Your class is in your usual room, you can visit them if you wish". I nod and head towards my class. I knock on the door and slide it open, poking my head in. The substitute teacher and all the students turn at look at me, their eyes widen. "(Y/n)-sensei!", Konahamaru exclaims. He runs at me and hugs my waist. I chuckle and pat his head. Next it was Moegi and then Udon then the rest of the class, I know I hadn't been there long but they seemed to be attached to me. The substitute chuckled and let you greet your students. "I'm sorry to be disturbing your lesson", you apologize. The guy shakes his head, a faint blush on his cheeks. "N-no its fine, we were just about to finish up anyway". I said goodbye to my students and then headed towards Iruka's classroom.

I knocked on the door and slid it open. Iruka's face exploded in color and I was tackled to the ground. "(Y/n)-sensei!", Naruto cheers, hugging me. I hug him back and giggle. "Naruto please go back to your seat", Iruka instructs. Naruto nods and hugs me one more time before he returns to his seat. "So how can I help you?", Iruka asks. I smile at him. "Sorry to disturb your lesson, I just wanted to tell Naruto and Sasuke to meet me after school at the dock". Iruka nods and looks at the two boys to see if they got the message. "Don't worry (Y/n)-sensei, I'll be there!", Naruto calls out. I nod and smile at him. I look past Naruto and to Sasuke in the back, he was looking out the window. Our eyes met in the reflection of the window and he nodded. I turned back to Iruka and bowed before leaving the classroom. It was such a shame I didn't get to greet the other students, I missed them.

Timeskip

I dip my toes in the water, giggling at the cold sensation. My ninja sandals sat next to me on the dock, I hear footsteps and don't bother to turn around. "Naruto and Sasuke", I say. They don't say anything. I look over my shoulder and see them standing there. "What was it you wanted to see us about?", Naruto asks. I slip my ninja sandals back on and stand up, facing them. "I need to ask you both a question. I don't mind whether you say yes or no but just answer however you wish". They nod and stare at me, seriousness shown on their faces. "We're ready", Naruto says. I take a deep breath and look down at the ground. "I want to adopt both of you. You can say either yes or no, its your own choice. I know I have no right to take the place as your mother but I want to. I'm not pitying you, I just want to give you a chance". I look up. Naruto had tears streaming down his cheeks and Sasuke looked emotionless. "What are your answers?", I ask. Naruto runs to me and hugs me, I hug him right back. "Yes", he sobs. I nod. I let go of Naruto and tell him to sit down, he does as I say and looks out over the lake, his feet hanging off the dock. I walk over to Sasuke, he seems frozen. "I can never understand your pain but I have gone though similar things. I want to be there to help you get stronger and support you. I don't care if you say no, just as long you're happy then I'm fine". Sasuke suddenly hugs me. "My answer is yes".

I feel bad because I was supposed to update two days ago and I didn't. Someone asked me to update and I told them that's when I was going to update and I didn't. Sorry this is only because I've been super busy lately. But in January I should be pretty free so I will have plenty of time to update. So sorry if you were expecting it and it didn't come. 100% my fault. I done goofed. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD