58. The written test

"(Y/n)? Is that you?". You opened your eyes and looked around, meeting the eyes of two 13-year-olds that looked oddly familiar. "Hana and Izuki?". They both nod, their eyes still fixated on you. "You look great (Y/n), who did you transform into?", Hana asks curiously. You looked down at your self and gave a small smile. "This was what I looked like when I was 13". Izuki blushed and pushed up his glasses. You stared at your reflection in a nearby window. You were wearing your old gear which was a black skirt with a split up the thigh, a dark blue, long-sleeved shirt which exposed your shoulders and bandages wrapped around your legs. "Are you ready to go?", Hana asks. You nod and smile brightly at the two of them.

You trailed behind them, letting them lead you to the place where the first exam was being held. You could already hear some students arguing with what looked to be a younger Izumo and Kotetsu. You turned to Izuki and raised an eyebrow. "What are they doing? This isn't the right floor". He nods. "Its normal to have small obstacles to get to the exams, it stops idiots from becoming Chunin". You giggled. "I suppose you're right". Eventually, the group of kids figured it out and made their way into another room where everyone else was hanging out. You followed close behind Hana and looked around with curiosity, you could barely remember your Chunin exams. You were quite young when you took part and you weren't yourself at the time. There were many different looking participants since they had come from all over the shinobi world. You saw ninja from the Rain, Sand and Grass villages as well as some from the newly found Sound. They peaked your interest, never before had you encountered a sound ninja and you didn't wish to either, you didn't wish to lose your first battle. There is already so much information out there about you if someone knew you well enough the could easily kill you.

Suddenly fingers were snapped in front of your face. "Oi (Y/n) pay attention, we're heading into the exam now. Also, we forgot to mention this but you have to write a fake name on the test so you don't blow your cover", Izuki instructs. You nod and separate from your team, filing into the testing room.

Once you took your seat you examined the blank piece of paper in front of you. Ibiki appeared in front of the students and started to explain the rules, you got the idea straight away. The test was a way to see how well they could collect data without being caught. If they got caught cheating then they would be disqualified when in reality the first part of the test doesn't matter, its the final question that does. Once you were ordered to start you flipped the paper over and began filling out the answers, being a Jonin you found no difficulty in the questions and finished them in a matter of seconds. Once you were done you subtly formed an ice crystal on the pad of your finger and looked around at the other students taking the test. Shikamaru lay on his desk, most likely finished. Hinata was looking at Naruto in the corner of her eye, probably wanting to help him. He looked a little panicked, he probably didn't know the answers. You mentally scolded him, you told him to study. Next, you looked over at Sakura, she looked pretty happy with herself. She was a smart girl but she was staring dreamily at Sasuke which annoyed you, god you hated fangirls. Sasuke sat with his fingers laced together, staring straight ahead. You had no doubt him and Sakura did well in this part, they're lucky this part doesn't matter because Naruto doesn't look like he knows what he's doing.

You felt eyes on you and turned your head to see a small eye hovering not too far away from you. You looked into the ice to see the red-haired boy, Gaara. He had his usual emotionless expression his eyes meeting yours in the reflection of the ice. You quickly melt the ice on your finger, making sure not to blow your cover. Just as you were about to form it again to look around the time was up. Ibiki returned to the front and explained the rules for the final question, it was basically all or nothing. You looked back at the other students as some stood and left the exam. You sent a small smirk to Ibiki as he held an emotionless expression but you could see the pride in his eyes, he really was good at this. 

It didn't take long before a lot of the Genin had left the room only leaving a group of just over 20. Then it was finally announced, there was no 10th question and those still in the room had passed the first part of the Chunin exams. You let out a sigh of relief and lent back in your chair. "The idea of this exam was to see how well you could collect data without being caught and test how much you actually wanted to become Chunin, congratulations you all pass". There was a lot of chatter among the young shinobi and then they were all let go. You got up from your desk and made your way to the door, accidentally bumping shoulders with someone. You turned your head, smiling sweetly. "I apologize". You open your eyes to meet the blushing face of the boy Kankuro, the boy who was accompanying Gaara. "Oh it was no problem". You send him a nod and make your way over to Izuki and Hana. "That was so much fun!", Hana cheers. You giggle at her enthusiasm. "I agree, I had quite a lot of fun". Suddenly you are tapped on the shoulder and find yourself face to face with Lee. He smiled brightly at you and took your hand, gently kissing the back of it. "May I ask why I have never seen such a beautiful girl such as yourself around before?". You realized that you had been wearing your Konoha headband and so it looked like you were from there. You just smiled at him. "I'm almost always training". "May I ask the youthful beauty's name?". You giggle and nod. "Of course". You felt like staying in this form for a while longer and decided to play along. "My name is Aida".

I just want you to hang out with the kids a little longer and then I'll drag Iruka right back in there. Remember that you two actually go out now, yay! Anyway, I hope that you enjoyed. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD