48. Happiness

You walked into town with Iruka by your side. You noticed the small smile that graced his lips, you had never seen him so happy before. You look around and spot a nice looking cafe and tap Iruka on the shoulder. "Do you wanna go there?", you ask. He turns in the direction you are pointing and nods.

The two of you take a seat at one of the many tables and flicked through the menu for something to eat. "I-I'll pay", he stutters. You look up and giggle quietly at his flustered state. "It's fine Iruka, I can pay for myself". He then shakes his head. "No, I'll do it". This time he sounded more confident. You looked up and noticed the serious expression on his face. Finding it cute you gave in. "Fine then, you can pay for me but only this time". He gives a determined nod and turns his attention back to the menu.

A minute or two later a waiter came by to take your order, the annoying thing was that he was trying to flirt with you. You clearly weren't interested but he kept pushing you to flirt back "What can I get you today, beautiful?", he asks, sending you a wink. You mentally sigh and ignore his awful attempt. He was quite an attractive guy so he must be used to having girls flirt back, you weren't into him, you thought his attempt was pretty pathetic. "Um, I'll have the (food) and a (drink)". He nods and writes it down and then turns to Iruka, still keeping his eyes on you. Iruka gave him his order, noticing how he paid only 10% of his attention to him. The waiter then sends you another wink and walked over to the kitchen. "I'm sorry about that", you apologize. Iruka's eyes widened slightly. "Oh, it's not your fault". You let out an amused chuckle and shake your head. "It's fine Iruka, you don't have to act like it's not my fault. That waiter was pretty rude to you and I don't expect him to stop it". He sighs and nods. 

Soon enough the waiter returns with our drinks instead of there being 2 there were actually 4. 2 of them were the drinks we ordered and the other two were full of water, you knew what this waiter was attempting to do. The waiter placed a glass of water in front of you and then 'tried' to put one in front of Iruka, but 'accidentally' spilled it on him. Lucky you knew what was going to happen or else Iruka would've actually gotten hit with the water. Now in Iruka's lap sat a pile of snow, the waiter looked surprised and so did Iruka. "W-what happened?", the waiter asks, looking a little creeped out. "I turned the water into snow before you spilled it, next time don't try and ruin our day". He nods and takes a step away, walking back toward the kitchen.

A minute or so later a new waiter came over and bowed. "I do apologize for the way your previous waiter treated you and your boyfriend, ma'am". Your cheeks tinted pink. "Oh um he isn't my boyfriend". The new waiter's face turned red and he bowed again. "I am so sorry". You chuckle and shake your head. "No it's fine and don't worry about the last guy, we don't really care". The waiter nods and heads over to the kitchen to grab your food. You look over at Iruka and notice that his entire face had turned red. "Hey, are you alright?", you call. He looks up and meets your gaze, giving a quick nod. "Y-yeah, of course". You smile happily at him and the two of you begin to talk.

It was nice... being able to talk to someone like this. It had been a while since you had found such comfort in the company of another. Sure you had Akira and Daichi by your side but they were different, they were your friends and they also happened to be together. Sure you were stronger than Iruka but his presence gave you a sense of safety. The only other person who had this effect on you happened to be Zabuza... but he was no longer with you. You smile lightly up at the brown-haired man as he walked you back to your house. He took you to your front door and send you a warm smile as you opened it. "It was nice hanging out with you, I'd like to do it again sometime". He nods. "Y-yeah, that would be great". "OK then, I'll see you later". You took a step forward and leaned in, placing a kiss on his cheek. Iruka's entire face grew bright red. You entered your house and sent him one last smile before closing the door. You continued to smile as you walked down the hallway and towards your room. "You sure look happy", someone said. You jumped slightly and turned to see Kuro looking at you with raised eyebrows. You slowly nod, opening your bedroom door. "And why is that?". "Uh no reason", you call. He walks over to your room and leans up against the door frame. "Was it because of Iruka-sensei?". You tensed slightly, your face growing red. "N-no, of course not!".

He lets out a quiet chuckle and walks out of the room, a smile gracing his features. He had only ever seen you this happy a few times and that was only when you spoke of your time with Zabuza. Just seeing the look on your face made him happy, you might finally be letting go.

I needed to actually put in parts about Iruka because... there hasn't been much. SORRY ABOUT THAT. Y'know, cause this story is about you and him but I got a little distracted with you becoming the mother of Naruto, Sasuke, and Kuro. Well, I hope it just adds to the story. Anyway, vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD