79. Connection

Waking up from your peaceful slumber, you rolled over to face the sleeping face of Iruka. He looked very calm so while getting up you moved slowly, you would've hated to wake him. Today was your only exception to leave the house by yourself, you had been given permission to visit Lee in the hospital.

He was currently unconscious, his injuries were very severe and his body was still trying its best to heal. You had visited him once during your second week of partial house arrest, it was relieveing to see that he was alive. After saving the boy, you were later informed that your quick action had given him the chance to fight again, but only after surgery which had a 50% success rate. Knowing that you gave him another chance of becoming an exceptional ninja made you feel happier than you've been in a while, this definitely improved your mood.

Once you were out of bed, having not woken Iruka, you quickly changed into your clothing for the day and headed into the kitchen. There was no point in you having breakfast so you decided to go without today. Grabbing a loose piece of paper, you started writing a note to Iruka for when he wakes up. He'd probably be annoyed that you went without him but you valued solitude, walking to the hospital alone would be good for you.

There was also another reason why you were going to the hospital, but one which you weren't as rushed for. Even though he was your adoptive son, you weren't in a rush to see him. Jiraiya had visited three days ago, informing you that Naruto was in the hospital but only because he overworked himself. There was no point in you headed there right away so you decided to wait until your visit today to see him. He'd probably rest for a few days anyway, what was the point in seeing him when he was passed out from exhaustion and unable to communicate.

Hurrying out ot the house, you made your way towards the hospital. Many villagers noticed and pointed you out, you hadn't been out during the day for three weeks so their reactions didn't bother you. Some people were kind, sending you smiles and warm greetings while others remained silent as they glared at your passing figure. While growing up, you never cared about how others, except those close, thought of you. You had the same mentality now, how they felt was none of your business.

Now approaching the large white building, you entered through the front doors. The receptionist smiled sweetly at you, allowing you to head towards the ward where Lee was. You were told that his room wasn't that far away from Naruto's either, you planned on visiting Lee and then seeing whether Naruto had awakened after.

Walking up to the door, you felt an odd aura coming from inside. You slowly opened the door, noticing how Gaara stood over Lee's unconscious body, sand slowly moving to attack him. After hearing the door, the seafoam-eyed boy turned and met your gaze. Holding eyecontact, you entered the room and closed the door behind you. You refused to look away, digging deep within his eyes to try and find the cause of his pain.

"You're trying to kill him..." you mutter, "Why is that?" He remains silent, his eyes searching yours too. He seemed to have frozen, analysing you like a startled animal. It only took a moment for him to return to his intimidating self.

"Why does that matter to you? You don't care for him too, do you?" he questions. You nod.

"I do care for him, he is a very admirable person. Even though he has barriers which he can not break, he pushes himself beyond his limits and proves his strength. He is at a disadvantage yet he's on a higher level than those with no restrictions." He said nothing to him, instead, he looked away, breaking eye contact. You were surprised that it was him backing down, he seemed like a kid that was hard to break.

"As for you, I can see a lot of emotion in those dead eyes of yours." After your statement, he attention returned to you.

"You know nothing about me," he mutters harshly.