83. Distraction

You jumped down from the roof and approached your front door, unlocking and opening it. Naruto and Sasuke were still in the hospital, you had planned on visiting them but decided to put it on hold. After talking to Gaara you felt like a weight had lifted off your chest and all you wanted was to sit back and relax. The arrival of the scroll didn't help at all, it made made you worry about its purpose. You knew it wouldn't take long for your parents to discover your location, word could've easily gotten around. Especially now that both Sunagakure and Otogakure knew, but also the village that attacked when you saved Haruka and Tsuki.

Since then, so much had happened and now you were finally being confronted by your past. No one was home so you assumed that Kuro was still at Akira and Daichi's. Iruka probably still at the academy, doing paperwork. You were used to the silence of the house from your house arrest but this time it felt different. Walking through your house, you stopped in the living room and placed the scroll on the coffee table, kneeling beside it. Hesitantly, you removed the seal and began unrolling it. You swallowed hard at the sight of a message which you wished to never receive. 

Dearest (Y/n)

My name is Kaito Aoyuri, I was requested by your mother and father to write you this letter. I am the one they had organized the arranged marriage with. I understand that you have no interest in marrying me but I would still like to meet. Please allow me to speak to you.

You may not remember me but we were in the academy together, but you didn't spend long there so you probably don't know me. I have no ill intentions, if you accept to meet me then come to the graveyard on the outskirts of the leaf village at midnight. I'll be waiting there for you.

K.A

Never before had you expected to have contact with the person your parents wanted you to marry. It made you shiver in displeasure. Not only did you hate the fact that they were trying to force you to live the rest of your life with someone your didn't love, but you knew that their choice would be someone revolting to make you life much harder.

Staring down at the scroll, you let out a long sigh. There was no way that you were going to meet that man, no way in hell.

The sound of the front door opening made the hairs on the back of your neck stand. Quickly, you roughly rolled the scroll up and shove it under the couch. You looked around in a panic and picked up a book, diving onto the couch. Iruka entered the living room, immediately noticing you 'reading'. Leaning over the couch, he placed a soft kiss on your forehead.

"How was work?" you asked, putting the book down. He was surprised when you pulled him over and onto the couch, landing on top of you. You enjoyed the closeness. His arms held his body up, stopping him from crushing you with his weight. His face a dark crimson. He looked away awkwardly, attempting to answer the question.

"G-good, the kids are still asking about you. They all want you to come back and teach them." You smile, leaning up to meet his lips. You needed the stress relief otherwise you felt that you would have a panic attack.

Even while you were being so intimate with Iruka, the only thing going through your head was the scroll sent to you. Pulling back from the heated kiss, your smiled up to the hazy eyed man as he lowered himself to press his body against your own. Bringing one hand up, you placed it on his cheek and caressed it gently.

"I love you, Iruka," you whispered. Before he could answer, you lifted your head and kissed him again, stopping a few minutes later when someone cleared their throat. You both sat up and blushed as Akira and Daichi smirked at you, Kuro giving a playful yet disgusted look.