38.Overthinking

I finished cleaning up the kitchen and headed to my room to get changed. "Are you ready yet?", Kuro calls. "Yep, hold on, I'll be out in a sec". I open the door and smile down at Kuro who is standing before the door in his ninja gear. "You ready for today?", I ask. He nods and sends me a large smile. "Of course". He grabs my hand and pulls me out the front door and down the stairs, onto the street.

The walk to the academy was quiet, nothing awkward, it was just comfortable silence. "I think Iruka-sensei is back today", Kuro says. I smile and nod. "Yes, he was released from the hospital last night and wanted to get right back into teaching". I stared forwards at the bustling streets, it was still quite early but everyone seemed to be awake. Something that differed from Kirigakure was that in Konaha people were actually smiling at me now. An old woman smiles up at me and takes off her hat. "Thank you for everything, dear", she says. I send her a smile and bow to her. "That's quite alright ma'am". "People are starting to see who you really are", Kuro states. I raise and an eye brow and send him a sideways glance. "And what's that?". He lets out a quiet chuckle before sending me a large smile. "A brave determined person who would do anything to save the life of another, no matter who they were". I ruffle Kuro's hair and continue to look around at the surrounding shops and such. I really did love this village, its now starting to feel more like a home.

Flashback- 2 days ago: Konaha hospital

I walked into the large white building, being greeted straight away by the woman at the front desk. "How may I help you, ma'am?", she questions. "I've come to visit someone, could you please tell me what room Iruka Umino might be in?". She nods and looks over her papers for a minute before returning her attention to me. "He should be in room 206, that would be down the hallway to the left". I bow and smile to the woman. "Thank you". She waves me off and then continues with her work.

I follow her instructions and take the corridor on the left, stopping only when outside the room labeled 206. I knock gently on the door and open it to see Iruka sitting up on his hospital bed. Iruka turns his head, his face lighting up when he sees me. "Oh (Y/n), its nice of you to stop by", he says, rubbing the back of his neck. I nod and send him a smile. "How are your injuries doing?", I ask. "They're alright, I guess. Nothing too severe, they say they'll release me tomorrow night". "And then I'm guessing you're going straight back to work?", I chuckle. His face heats up as he nods. "You're very passionate about your work, Iruka. That's something I really admire about you". His face explodes in red. "R-really?". You nod and let out a quiet laugh. "Yeah, it kinda reminds me of Naruto". He sweat drops. "I'm just kidding but occasionally I do see similarities between others and Naruto. No matter how hard others will try to hate him they can't deny the fact that in the end they are all the same...", I trail off. "You think that there are similarities in all people?", he questions. I nod. "I would say that the thing I share with most people is fear. I may not act it but I'm afraid of what will happen in the future. Will my past come back to haunt me? Will I focus too much on the future and lose sight of the present? One day I may not be able to protect Naruto, Sasuke and Kuro". Iruka shakes his head and laughs. "I think you're overthinking it". You chuckle and take a seat on the edge of his bed. "I tend to do that a lot, I make a problem seem bigger in my head and then I overreact. I've gotten too used to having someone to tell me when I go to far and now... I do things without thinking". Iruka sighs and places his hand on my shoulder. "Are you saying you regret your choices here? Becoming a teacher? Adopting the boys? Maybe even coming here to visit me", he chuckles during the last part. I pause for a moment and then shake my head. "Of course not, I don't regret a single thing". He sends me a large smile and squeezes my shoulder comfortingly. "Then stop overthinking it".

 Flashback end

Kuro and I entered the academy, making our way to our classes. I opened the door to my classroom and my students all greeted me with excited smiles. My face automatically lit up. Why am I overthinking everything. Right now everything is perfect and I couldn't be happier.

Felt like writing another chapter of this. I started it during my math class and finished it at home. Jashin it is soooo hot here! Its so sweaty and gross. Anyway I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD