69. Preliminaries

"Oi, (Y/n)". You shifted, half asleep, not wanting to wake up. Your eyes slowly opened, noticing a blur of yellow hovering over you. You squinted up at it, groaning sleepily.

"What is it?", you ask, yawning. You feel something poke your cheek a few times, it seems to wake you up. Your eyes focused on the yellow, finally figuring out that it was Naruto's hair.

"Kakashi-sensei gave me this scroll to give you, he said it was super important and that I shouldn't look at it. I promise that I didn't". He held out the scroll to you, watching as you sluggishly sat up. You took it from his hands and leant up against the headboard of your bed, slowly unrolling the scroll. The contents made you sigh loudly, you didn't have the energy for anything today but here you were, needing to do more work.

"What does it say?,", Naruto asks, peaking over your shoulder to see. You rolled it back up and placed it beside you, stretching out your tired muscles.

"There is going to be an extra round for the Chunin exams, a preliminary round to lessen the number of Genin getting through". Naruto huffed and flopped next to you on the bed.

"Aw, why?", he whines.

"It was already super hard getting this far, they really don't want me to become the Hokage, do they?". You chuckled and pulled the blonde into a hug.

"It's got nothing to do with that, any way you should get dressed. The next round starts in a few hours".

You got out of bed, Naruto followed you out of the room and into the kitchen. You cooked for the boys and placed food on the table. Kuro and Naruto ran to their seats and began eating but one seat was empty. You hadn't noticed that Sasuke wasn't there. He always seemed to be out training or in his room and even when he was home he was really quiet. You didn't blame him, that was just the type of person he was but you couldn't help but feel a little concerned. He was one of your children, one of your responsibilities. 

You decided to go to his room and check on him. If there was an extra round he should be getting up to prepare for it, eating would be important for energy. You stood from the table and made your way towards his bedroom door. You could hear no noise coming from inside so you assumed that he would still be asleep. You knocked on the door before opening it, seeing that Sasuke was sitting on his bed, his hand on the back of his neck near his shoulder. Once the door opened he looked up at you, he looked in pain but you just assumed that it wasn't anything important.

"Sasuke, I made breakfast. Why don't you come out and have some, you've got an extra round of the Chunin exams today and you'll need the energy". He quickly nodded, pulling his hand off his neck.

"Thank you, I'll be out in a minute". You sent him a small smile before closing the door and heading back into the kitchen.

Sasuke emerged from his room not too long after and sat down a the table, not saying a word to anyone. Kuro and Naruto didn't even realize he was there since he was being so quiet.

"I'm gonna go and get ready now!", Naruto announces, running his plate over to the sink before heading to his room to change. Kuro finished his own and ran to the living room, switching on the TV and beginning to watch it. Now it was just you and Sasuke sitting at the table in silence. You finished your food, ignoring the awkward silence and got up, beginning to clear the table. But before you left to start doing the dishes you caught Sasuke off guard by kissing his forehead.

"If there is ever anything bothering you then don't be afraid to talk to me". He looked surprised by your offer but you didn't see it, he looked down, his hair covering his face.

"Thanks", he says quietly. You gently pet his head before beginning the dishes. It wasn't long until you had to leave, you were helping out with the Chunin exams after all.

You left before the boys, making your way towards the building where the preliminary round would be held. You entered through the front doors and were met with the sight of a large empty room, on the far side was a large sculpture of two hands forming the hand sign, ram. You sensed a few chakra signals and turned your head, seeing the Konoha Genin team leaders waiting up on a balcony. Kurenai caught your eye and gestured you up. You happily obliged and jumped up to their level, seeing Gai, Kakashi and Asuma also up there.

"How was your night with Iruka?", Kurenai giggles. Her voice was quiet but still loud enough for the others to hear.

"I heard about that!", Gai announces.

"I will be happy to babysit in the future". You facepalmed, trying to hide the redness of your cheeks. Kakashi awkwardly pet your shoulder, sending you a half smile.

"Everyone kinda knows about it now... sorry". You could only guess how, even though the atmosphere was obviously awkward Gai kept going on about it. You massaged your temples and lent up against the barricade in front of you, watching as Konoha ninja and competing Genin began entering the building. You were excited to see what was going to happen during the fights, you hoped that Naruto and Sasuke would do their best and make it to the finals.

Sorry for not updating in a while and also since nothing really happened in this chapter. Lately, I haven't that motivated to write, I kept getting distracted while writing this. But I hope to get my motivation back. It's probably just me overthinking things... Anyway, vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD