60. A mission for the alias

It was the day before the second part of the Chunin exams that you were visited by Kakashi again. "So what was it that you wanted me to do?", you ask again. The silver-haired Jounin sighed. "I said that you'll be going in your younger form and seeing how much the students have been training". You raise an eyebrow as your head cocks to the side. "And why do we need to know that?". He leans back against the wall he was standing in front of, a calm expression on his face. "I want to see how much they've improved with all of the training this past week. They should all be training hard for tomorrow, anyone who hasn't trained enough will surely fail". You take a step away from the masked man and lean back against the kitchen counter. "Sorry my asking but why can't you just go and ask them?". He slides his hands in his pocket and begins walking towards your front door. "They will say they have even if they haven't if I ask, it's easy to lie to your sensei to avoid trouble but harder to lie to a pretty girl". You sigh and pinch the bridge of your nose. "Are you kidding? They're not going to trust this 'Aida' girl, y'know. They're not idiots". Kakashi shrugs his shoulders as he opens your front door. "But they are boys, remember that".

The door closes, leaving you annoyed. "Hey mum", Kuro calls. You turn your head to the heterochromatic boy standing in the hallway, he must've heard all of that. "Who's Aida?", he asks. You sigh once more and do a couple of hands signs, turning into the girl named Aida. Kuro's mouth fell open in shock. "Wow, is this what you liked like when you were my age?", he asks. You nod. "Yup, just one year older". He smiles brightly and takes your hand. "Come on, I wanna help you with the mission". You raise an eyebrow. "Really? You know that you don't have to". But the stubborn boy didn't back down. "It'll be my first time on a mission, it'll be like we're undercover or something". You laugh at his enthusiasm and squeeze his hand gently. "Okay, fine. I'll let you help out but you must call me Aida, accidentally call me mum and it's all over".

The two of you left the house, locking the door behind you. Naruto and Sasuke weren't home at the moment. They had barely been home during the past week since they were training so hard. "Do you have any doubts about them training?", Kuro asks. You bite your lips and shake your head. "Not really, I know both of them want more than anything to become powerful shinobi and this is a great chance to show their potential and improvement". The blonde boy nods his head, looking around to see if he can spot any of the Genin taking part in the exams. You look up ahead and see the blonde girl from the sand and the cat with purple makeup. They seemed to be sitting in a cafe. As soon as the cat boy spotted you his face lit up. "Hey, girl!". You turned your face in his direction and sent him a sweet smile. "Oh hello again". He gets up to walk over to you but is stopped when his name is called. "Kankuro". The voice was deep and held no emotion. You looked to your side and spotted the red-haired boy, Gaara. You smiled with closed eyes at the group. "Well it was nice to see you, I don't want to be late though so I gotta go". You then ran off with Kuro being dragged behind you.

"What was that about?", Kuro asks. You tap your chin, glancing back in the direction the sand shinobi had been in. "It's that red-haired boy, there's something about him that I recognize but I just can't seem to figure it out", you mutter quietly yet loud enough to be heard. "Maybe it was you". You cock an eyebrow at the blonde. "What do you mean by that?". Kuro sighs and stares straight ahead. "Maybe you're seeing yourself, that's why he doesn't remind you of anyone you know. It's you that you see". You give an understanding nod. "I guess so, I see pain and loneliness hidden behind cold eyes. A wall put around himself in order to stop any pain from getting through but it still hurts", you whisper lowly. Kuro nudges your shoulder a bit. "Come on, I know that has gotten you down a little but we need to keep going in order to finish the mission", Kuro urges. You chuckle and ruffle his hair. "Fine, we'll keep going". Even though you kept walking and acting as if it wasn't on your mind, it was still there. Gaara was a lot like you and you knew it, you wanted to help him but you just weren't sure how.

Btw I am definitely not going to lead Lee on, poor Lee already has so much going on. I really love Lee, isn't he great! So youthful! Anyway, I really want you to be close to Gaara so with the power of being the Author I shall make it happen. Enjoy the rest of your day or your sleep if you're reading this at 3 am. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD