29. Old friends

They stood there and stared at me with wide eyes. The first was a tall man, a lot taller then me. He had curly brown hair, still as curly as it had been when we were children. His eyes met mine, they were bright blue. His name, Akira. Next to Akira stood another man, he was the same height as Akira. He had short, straight red hair and striking green eyes. His name, Daichi. The two of them send me a smile and I couldn't help but run at them. They opened their arms to me and I hugged the life out of them. "I missed you both so much", I laugh. "What about me?", another voice says. It was of a child, yet more mature. I turn around and am meet with the hetero eyes of a boy I longed to see. Kuro. My eyes widen to the size of dinner plates as I gasp, placing my hand over my mouth. He smiles at me with his abnormally sharp teeth and runs at me, giving me a big hug. I can't help but give one back. I stop mid hug and pull away suddenly, turning towards the Hokage. Your face was now a bright red, you bowed to the Hokage and muttered a string of apologies. He chuckled and shook his head. "It is fine, I understand that you haven't seen them in over a year. But there is a serious matter we must attend to", he states. You nod, awaiting your next orders. Daichi pulls a scroll from his kunai pouch and walks over to you, placing it in your hand. "This document is only for you to see and only others you wish to show". You nod and swallow the lump in your throat. What was so important about this scroll and why was it for you?

You looked down at the scroll in your hand and undid the seal, it was from the hidden mist village. You tensed, what could they possibly want with you? You take a deep breath and unravel the scroll, reading it from left to right. Your eyes widen at what is written. "I can't believe it", you say, dropping the scroll to the floor and taking a step back. Your placed your hands over your mouth and stared down at the scroll. "What is it?", Kuro asks. You looked at Kuro, then at Akira and Daichi and then finally at the Hokage. "They want me to be the new Mizukage".

The room was silent after that and the door opened, two boys fell forward into the room. You knew them all to well, you had told them to go back to the house but they had followed you instead. The Hokage meets your gaze, ignoring the boys that had come in. "Are you going to take the position?", he asks. I look behind me at Naruto and Sasuke and then over at Akira and Daichi. "I'm sorry but I'll be rejecting this offer". Akira and Daichi stare at me with wide eyes. "It's been your dream since you were a kid, you were going to lead Kirigakure and make it better, remember?", Akira says. You sigh and shake your head. "That was before everything happened, I can't take the position and I've just settled down here. I'm happy here". Kuro hugs you, burying his face in you neck. "You won't leave me, will you?", he asks on the brink of tears. I smile and wipe a tear away as it descends. "No, you'll be staying with me". You look up at the Hokage and he nods. "He is your adopted son, am I correct?". You nod and you hear a gasp from behind you. "What does that mean (Y/n)? Is he your son?", Naruto asks. I nod. "I adopted him a few years ago when I found him, he was alone and needed someone so I took him in". Akira and Daichi turn towards the Hokage and bow. "We would like to request living here and becoming ninja of your village, if you don't want us here we will gladly leave". The Hokage chuckles and nods his head. "I trust (Y/n) and since you are friends of hers I trust you, come by my office tomorrow and I will give you your headbands". The two nod and turn towards you. "May we stay with you for a while?", Daichi asks. "Yeah, only until we get an apartment?", Akira adds. I happily nod. "Sure".

Timeskip

I walked in through the front door of the house and everyone followed. First there was Kuro, followed by Akira and Daichi and then finally Naruto and Sasuke. Naruto and Sasuke watched Kuro as if he was prey. He noticed it but brushed it off easily. I let out a sigh of relief and turn to them all. "Now lets set up", you say. "There's no room", Sasuke says bluntly. "Yeah, where will everyone sleep?", Naruto asks. I giggle and place my hands on their heads. "Akira and Daichi will share the spare room and Kuro will sleep with me, there we go, we have plenty of room". Sasuke brushed my hand away and walked to his room and Naruto did the same, it pained me to see them this way. The other three looked worried for them. I sigh and fall back on the couch. "I'm sorry, I'll have a chat with them and we'll sort this all out". They nod and I show them where everything is.

Once everyone is settled in I sit on my bed and look over at Kuro next to me. "You should go talk to them, I was surprised at first and thought that you had maybe replaced me but I know you would never do that. You're just being you, so kind and generous". I blush and hug him. "You can always cheer me up", I say with a smile. He nods and pushes me up. "Come on, tell them its Ok". I let out a sigh and leave my room. I walk up to Naruto's door and make a fist, ready to knock. I hesitate at first but then I do it. I needed to tell them it is all Ok.

Some people thought it was your parents but no. In reality if they tried to enter the village they would probably be denied. Mainly because they aren't the nicest people and wouldn't be able to negotiate their was in like you did. It also n't have been Zabuza and Haku because they (Just Zabuza) are rogue shinobi. Anyway vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD