46. Visiting

It had been exactly one week since Naruto and Sasuke left for their mission to the land of waves. You were very proud of them for going on a mission outside of the village but wondered why they were taking so long to get back. You missed them a lot and just wanted to see them again. You wanted to hear Naruto excitedly boasting about his dreams and Sasuke's quiet hn's and occasional tch's. Today you didn't have work so you wondered what to do. Perhaps you could explore a little, see something you hadn't yet discovered. You smiled lightly at the thought of it, maybe you would.

"(Y/n)". "Yeah, what is it Kuro?". "Can I hang out with some friends today?", he asks hopefully. You give an approving nod. "Of course but get at least one hour of training in today". "Yeah, sure thing". He gives a thumbs up and then runs out the front door. I let out a sigh and stretch out my tired muscles. I might as well go out too.

I wandered the busy streets, letting my eyes roam the different shops and stalls. I got the odd glare but overall most people had gotten used to me being a part of the village. I do do my part, after all, I teach the ninja here. An old woman walks up to me selling flowers. "Would you like to buy one dear?", she asks hopefully. You reach into your pocket and pull out your wallet. "Sure, I'll take three". The woman's face lights up and she hands you the flowers, taking the money from you. She then bows. "Thank you very much, dear". For a second you felt like all eyes were on you but you chose to ignore it. "It's fine, have a lovely day". You then walked away, following the signs to the place you hadn't visited yet.

Ten minutes later you arrived at the place you were looking for. Graves lined the grass, surrounded by flowers and candles by their loved ones. You walked down the aisle until you found the graves of Kushina Uzumaki and Minato Namikaze. You kneel before the graves, placing a flower under each one. You smile lightly at them. "I never got to see you after that day, I hoped that you would still be here today so that I could thank you. I've met your son, he's a very sweet boy. He looks just like Minato and has the same energy and fire as Kushina", you giggle quietly. "I didn't even know it when I met him that he was yours but I felt like I had to protect him, and now that I know he's your son I feel even more inclined to. You're the reason that I'm here, the reason why I came to this village in the first place. I thought you would be here and welcome me with open arms like your own child. If it weren't for you I would've become my parent's puppet. I glad that you were able to open my eyes so I could see who they truly were. If it weren't for you I'd probably married to a man I would never love, having to raise a child which will turn out just like my parents. I couldn't stand the thought of that. I adopted a child in my old village and he lives with Naruto, Sasuke, and I. Even though I lost my first two sons I am grateful that I have these boys in my life, they're the reason I wake up every day with a smile". You feel something wet run down your cheek.

"That was quite a speech, Miss (Y/n)". You turn around to see the third Hokage standing not too far away from you. You jump and hold your hand over your heart, accidentally dropping your third flower. You bend over and pick it up before turning to the Hokage. "Y-you heard all of that?", you question. He chuckles and nods. "Yes I did, I didn't know that you had a past with them but they truly were great shinobi and I know if they were here they would welcome you with open arms". You smile lightly down at the final flower in your hands. The Hokage notices it and sees the other two you had placed on the grave. "If you're looking for somewhere to put that flower then I would recommend the memorial stone". You look up and meet his gaze. "Where is that?". "It's located near the third training ground, you know where that is right?". You nod. "Well, you should go there now, I appreciate you coming here to pay your respects". You nod and smile, giving a quick bow. "Of course, I'll see you later then". You wave and run off leaving him chuckling. With you, he couldn't help but smile, even though your an adult you remind him of a child.

You run through the forest, stopping when you see a clearing up ahead. You check your flower and smile knowing that it hasn't been damaged. You step out into the light and notice the large kunai-like structure in the center of the clearing. Someone is standing in front of it. They turn around with a surprised expression on their face. "(Y/n), what are you doing here?". "Iruka?".

Sorry for the cliffhanger. I also apologize because I haven't updated this for a week even though I haven't done shit. This week I had two days where I didn't update at all. I also want to thank you because I now have 700 followers so if you follow me THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I love you all, my lovely Reader-chans. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD