Chapter 1

She was only 16 when tragedy struck, and she made the decision that would change her life; and possibly for the worse.
Her name is Savanna Peterson, and she's far from popular.
Going to a public high school was the most exciting thing Savanna experienced... even though she hates it.
Don't get me wrong, Savanna is very well-known amongst her fellow freshmen.
Well-known for being a inferior, that is.

Brrring! Brrring!
"Shut up..." Savanna mutters sleepily as she switches off her alarm clock.
"Second week of sophomore year, here I come!" She exclaims with sarcastic enthusiasm.

As she brushes out her long, fiery red hair, she can't help but worry about the upcoming chemistry test. Savanna's parents are very strict, and even more protective.

"If I get any lower than a B minus, I'm grounded. Not like that would change much, I don't even go out on weekends..."

Savanna sighs, put on a pink plaid skirt that falls just above her knees, a band t-shirt and black Converse, and smiles at her vanity mirror.
"Do I look good?" She asks herself quietly. She smirks. "Obviously."

As she sits down at the table for breakfast, she notices her parents looking quite nervous. She didn't like talking to her parents much, but she felt like it would be the right thing to do at the breakfast table to ask them:
"Is everything okay?"

Her mother is a tall, slim, woman with dull red-gray hair, glasses framing her small brown eyes.
"Yes, dear. Your father and I were discussing your upcoming test this morning, that's all." She says with a forced smile.

"They expect me to fail. Amazing parenting right there..." Savanna mutters quietly.

"What was that, dear?" Savanna's tall, messy-haired father inquires.

"Nothing, Papa." She replies hastily.

He raises an eyebrow before looking down to butter his toast.

"The bus will be here soon, Savanna.
Why don't you go ahead and wash the dishes?" asks Mrs. Peterson.
"Yes, ma'am." Savanna replies with a weak smile.

Beep Beep!

"See you guys later!" Savanna says as she put away the last plate.

"You. I'm not a guy, Savanna" Her mother corrects her sternly.

"Yeah, thanks. Bye!"

"Savanna Peterson! It's yes ma'am!"

But she was already out the door.