Chapter 62

In one fluid movement, Griffin rises to his feet and wraps his right hand around Savanna's neck, his other hand pressing her hands to her waist.
Her gun falls to the ground and Griffin kicks it toward Shawn.

"Don't pull that shit again." Griff growls in her ear.

Savanna stares into Shawn's eyes, a burning hatred bubbling up in her throat.
"Where's Luke?" She hisses.

"We have him. You're coming with us now."

They start walking, Savanna stumbling in front of Griffin.
"Luke?" She screams.

Griffin slams a bloody hand over her mouth.
"Don't talk."

She nods, spitting out Griffin's blood when he takes his hand away.

They reach a dark Suburban with blacked out windows.
Griffin releases his grip on Savanna to open the trunk.
He clamps a pair of handcuffs onto her wrists, squeezing until Savanna squirms from the metal entering her skin.

"You're gonna stay quiet." Griffin explains, wrapping a bandana tightly over her mouth.
"And you're not going to try and get away."

He pulls a gun from his holster, pressing it to Savanna's temple.
"Or I'll kill you."

She nods again, trying not to act phased with the cold pistol still grazing her skin.

"Griff, cut it out." Shawn sighs.
"We need to go now."

Griffin holsters his gun and shoves Savanna into the back seat, buckling the seatbelt over her waist.

Luke is unconscious in the seat next to her, dried blood caked over his cheekbone.

Savanna tries to scream his name through her gag, but only a muffled yell escapes her lips.

"He's fine. We gave him a sedative."
Shawn explains, turning a key in the ignition.

Savanna stares at the handcuffs binding Luke's wrists and legs to the car seat.
His arms are bloody and bruised from pulling against the cuffs.

"I got the dog." Griffin climbs into the passengers seat, Ammo jumping into the back to lie next to Savanna.

"I'm gonna need a damn medic thanks to that little monster."