Chapter 60

Deciding that's it's time to head back to the hotel, Savanna picks up Ammo's leash.

She rounds a corner toward the hotel, Ammo stopping in his tracks.
"Ammo, come on."
He doesn't move, sitting down and staring toward the hotel.

"Why aren't you-" gunshots sound from down the street. Ammo looks up at Savanna, waiting for a command.

They run to a back alley leading to the hotel down the street.
Realizing the gunshots are getting closer, she retreats in the opposite direction.

Sav pulls Ammo into a tiny tornado shelter behind an apartment complex, letting the door fall shut above her head.
She takes a deep breath, pulling out her flip phone.
As soon as it opens, a tiny map with a flashing gun icon less than a block away appears.

"You'll need it. Go now. -Luke"

"Holy shit." Savanna whispers.
"Okay, let's go."

She climbs out of the stuffy underground room with Ammo, immediately running toward to Ivón on her map.
As they move, a small green dot moves with them.

Seeing two masked figures with guns in hand, she slams herself against a brick wall of a tiny office building.

One of the men speaks up.
"Damnit, Shawn! You're in charge of tracking, where the hell is she?"

The second figure shakes his head in disbelief.
"She's here, Griff. There's no way she had time to get off this block."

Groaning in frustration, the first figure rips off his grey ski mask.

Savanna gasps silently, quickly pulling her head out of sight.
They're here for me.

"Keep looking." Griffin spits. "Don't let Lucas get away either. You know what Ian said, they both go."

After pulling the masks back over their faces, Shawn and Griffin sprint off into different alleyways.

Savanna runs toward the signal on her phone, only a few hundred feet away now.
She and Ammo sprint into an alley full of huge green dumpsters.

Sav stops dead in her tracks.
There's a homeless man lying directly where the signal is coming from.

Ammo sits down again, not taking his eyes off the sleeping man.

A small ding sounds from under the man's blanket and, to Savanna's surprise, he opens his eyes to retrieve a perfectly clean iPhone.

"You're here, good." He smiles at Sav.
"You must be Savanna, Lucas told me to get this to you."

He pulls out a black leather belt with a black holster attached, a small pistol laying in the other hand.

Savanna stares at him uneasily.

"Take them and get out of here." The man growls.

Savanna jumps at his voice, hastily taking the items from him. As she struggles with the belt, the man looks at her with a brow raised.

She nods at him and he adjusts the belt for her, pulls back the slide on the gun, and carefully places it into her holster.

"Welcome to Club Red, by the way." The man smiles grimly.

Savanna nods again, and turns to sprint down the alleyway.