Chapter 3

"Well, first period starts in five minutes." Savanna sighs as she and her friend walk toward their lockers.
Their lockers are right next to each other- a nice surprise as they had always been far from each other in previous years.

"I'll see you in English, Savanna!" Stephenie exclaims.

"See you!

As Savanna walks into the Math room after lunch, only one pair of eyes were on her.
The teacher's.

"May I see you for a minute, Miss Peterson?" He asks, a hint of concern in his voice.

"S- sure..." She stutters, forcing a subtle laugh.

"Class starts in five minutes! Get out your textbooks and turn to page 201!" He calls into the room before exiting, followed by Savanna, and shuts the door.

He takes a deep breath.

"How can we help you, Savanna?" He asks gently, bending down a bit to her level.

"Um, with what?" She replies, a puzzled look on her face.

The Math teacher sighed.
"I meant about what happened. Are you holding up alright? Do you have a ride home this afternoon? Leave early if you need to, I'll still mark an 'A' on your test."

Savanna was completely stunned at this. She still has a puzzled look on her face, but it's now mixed with surprise and concern.

"What do you mean, sir?"
She asks shakily.

"Oh... oh my god..." The teacher mutters, staring into Savanna's eyes sympathetically.
"Please follow me to the principal's, Savanna."