Chapter 7

"I can't believe your mom had so many coupons." Savanna giggled to Steph as they walked into her bedroom. "Yeah, she collects them. It's kinda weird, but it comes in handy." Steph replied as she laid out her brand new clothes on the bed. "Let's try these on!"

Stephanie had managed to convince her mom to let her get the leather pants. She also got a pink, flowy t-shirt that somehow matched the pants perfectly. And of course, she had to buy new shoes, a pair of light pink Adidas.

Savanna also bought a few leather garments: a mid-thigh skirt, and the same pants that Steph had bought. She also purchased a tight, red shirt that went just above her belly button, and a leather jacket. And to top it all off, a pair of white Adidas with red stripes down the sides.

"You got like, twice as much stuff as me." Steph grumbled. "I'm sure your mom would have bought you more stuff if you'd found some more 'modest' things." Savanna laughed. Stephanie scoffed, and went to try on her new clothes.

The next day at school, all eyes were on Stephanie and Savanna. No one would have dreamt of the "nerds" wearing leather jackets and short skirts.

Savanna noticed one particular pair of eyes staring in their direction.

They were full of curiosity, but also deep thought. Those eyes belonged to a boy, probably a Sophmore; Savanna has never seen him before.
He had messy light brown hair, dark green eyes, and a slender build. He was also sporting a leather jacket, and ripped skinny jeans.

"Steph!" Savanna whispered to her friend. "Looks like we might be getting some unwanted attention." She teased.

Stephanie turned her head towards the tall figure, and tilted her head. "It doesn't look like he's checking us out. He looks serious." Stephanie observed.
The two girls quickly diverted their attention to a figure walking straight towards them. Bridget.

Stephanie and Savanna made eye contact, and smirked slightly before continuing to walk straight ahead.
"What do you think-" Bridget began sharply, before both Steph and Savanna pushed past her roughly.

Bridget stumbled, almost falling to the floor. There was rage in her glistening eyes, but she decided to remain silent.

"I can't believe we stood up to Bridget again this morning!" Steph exclaimed excitedly over her lunch tray.

"I know! This is pretty great, isn't it?" Savanna asked.

The two girls smiled, but Steph's happy expression was quickly wiped off her face.

"Sav, look." Savanna turned her head to the direction of Stephanie's gaze.

There she saw, walking directly towards their table, the boy they had seen that morning.
Savanna put on a straight face, and tried to ignore him.
When the tall boy reached the table, he sat down next to Savanna.

"Shawn." He said in a deep voice, a smile stretched across his handsome face.

"The name's Shawn." He held out his hand to each of the girls as they introduced themselves.

"I noticed you two walking in this morning. That was pretty cool how you walked right past Bratty Bridget." He smiled.

The girls couldn't help but snicker.

"Bratty Bridget?" Steph asked. "I think that's the best nickname for her we've heard so far."
She giggled.

Shawn's perfect laugh pierced the air.
"I was wondering if you girls wanted to come sit at our table."

His head tilted towards a large, round table, occupied by two other boys, and a girl.

Stephanie glanced at Savanna, as if she was waiting for an approval.

"Well, I don't see any harm in doing so." Savanna replied.

"Great!" Shawn smiled widely, the girls noticing how his white teeth glimmered under the cafetera lights.

The bell rang.

"Well, I guess we'll meet you girls there for lunch tomorrow." He said.

They replied simultaneously. "Definitely!"