Chapter 46

Drew speed walks through a tunnel of the Asesinos base, his thick, jet-black curls moving up and down with each pace.

"Griffin?" He calls into a small office.

"What's up, Drew?" Griff raises his eyes from a small, black laptop.

"Uh- we have a location on Peterson."

Griffin's pupils expand, a sly smile spreading across his face.
"Good. Have you transferred it to the system?"

Drew nods seriously, as if trying not to brag about a huge accomplishment.

Griffin hastily types the words Savanna Peterson into a database. A black and white map slowly renders on the screen, and a flashing red dot appears.

"Good work, Drew. Get the tracking team together." He squints, brows furrowed.
"Who the hell is with her?"

"I'm sorry? We don't have a location on anyone else within a ten mile radius of Peterson."
Drew explains cautiously.

"Get your ass over here." Griffin growls.

There's a second pulsating red dot right next to the one that marks Savanna.
Drew picks up the laptop in one hand, quickly typing with the other.

"There's not a name on the subject, Griff.
They aren't in the system." He sputters.

"How the hell do we have a location on someone who isn't in the system?" Griffin is losing his patience, grabbing the computer.

"Well it could be someone who was erased."
Drew states nervously.

When Griffin gives him an angry, confused glance, he continues.
"Someone who used to be an Asesino. If we erased them from the system, it's possible that their location could still be live."

Griffin sighs heavily, cupping his hands over his mouth.
"Tracking team, Drew. Identify the subject & keep a location on both of them."

"Yes sir."

"Oh, and let me know who it is when you find out. We'll probably have to neutralize that distraction." Griffin smiles, and waves Drew out of the room.