Chapter 21

"So..." Oli nudges Savanna's arm playfully.
"Was the party fun?"

"Yeah... It was pretty great." Sav sighs.

"Well that's good! Hey, sorry we didn't get a chance to meet up before it ended." Olivia says apologetically.

"It's no problem, Oli. I had fun." Savanna reassures her.

"Oh?" Olivia raises an eyebrow. "What made it so 'fun', huh?" she snickers.

"Nothing, really." Savanna says, a smirk stretched across her face.

"Hm... Ok." Olivia says, rolling her eyes.

"Other than the fact that Ian and I totally had a moment." Sav shrugs, grinning widely.

Olivia stops dead in her tracks.

"What?!" She yelps.

"Shh! Dang, chill out. It was nothing." Savanna chuckles, staring at the floor.

"Oh, sure it was nothing. Having a 'moment' with the most important person here is totally nothing." Oli scowls.

"Hey, calm down! Fine... I'll tell you what happed." Sav giggles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I seriously can't believe this. Ian totally has a thing for you!" Oli exclaims.

The two girls had climbed outside the Asesinós underground base to make sure they were talking in private.

"I guess so... but what about Griffin?" Savanna asks as she reaches down to pick a dandelion.

"What about him? You guys are just friends. Ian is the man for you." Olivia giggles.

Sav stands up.
"I'm being serious, Oli. I don't want to hurt Griff's feelings. He's one of my best friends. And to be with his brother? That's pretty bad." She sighs, a small frown forming in the corners of her mouth.

"Hey..." Oli says comfortingly.
"For lack of better words, go with your gut on this one. I don't think it'll be a huge problem between the guys. Griffin can get over it."

"Yeah, I guess. I just don't want to ruin our friendship, it would kill me. I love him like a brother." Savanna explains.

"I understand. It's your birthday, Sav... let's take our minds off of boys for a while, yeah?" Olivia smiles.

"I'll try." Sav chuckles.

"Great! Wanna go for ice cream?" Oli grins widely, a spark of excitement in her eyes.

"Like now?"

"Yeah."

"We're allowed to?"

"Well..." Olivia begins. "Not exactly. I mean, we need to get permission from someone of a higher position in the team... but it's fine. I have money." She smirks mischievously.

Savanna laughs. "Where did you get that money, huh?"

"Not important. You in?" Oli nudges Sav's shoulder.

"Whatever. Let's do it." She laughs.

"Race you!" Olivia darts off.

"Hey! I don't even know the way!" Sav screams after her, and sprints, trying to catch up.