Chapter 10

It was around 6:00 on Saturday evening, Sav and Steph had just finished dinner.

"Thanks, mamá! The tamales were great!"
Stephanie called as the two girls ran to her room.

"Steph, it's already six... do you still wanna do this?" Savanna asked nervously.

"I think it'll be fine, Sav. I trust Shawn, i don't think they'd do anything bad." Stephanie reassured her.

"Oh, please! You only trust Shawn because you like him, and the rest of his group is great, but we've only met them once!" Savanna exclaimed fearfully.

"You're just scared! You don't know these people well enough to go to a stupid creek?"
Steph rolled her eyes and slumped onto her bed.

"What?! I'm not scared!" Savanna defended herself.

"Are to." Stephanie shrugged.

"I'm not scared!" Sav raised her voice.

Steph shot her a warning glance before replying,

"Are to."

"Fine! We'll go... but- if we die, it's your fault." Savanna half-joked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you sure this is the right place? It's pretty deserted..." Steph asked as she gripped Savanna's arm.

"Oh, please!" She shook Stephanie off her arm. "It was your idea to follow through with this! ...Do you have Shawn's number? I don't see any-"

Four black figures jumped out from behind the bushes, yelling.

The two girls screamed, trying to find cover.

One of the figures knocked Savanna to the ground, holding her down as they straddled her stomach, holding onto her neck.

Savanna wrapped her arm around the unknown person, and rolled to the side ubruptly, rolling the figure onto their back roughly. Savanna was in control now.

She quickly glanced over to see Stephanie, who had kicked one figure to the ground, and reached to put another in a headlock.

"Dang..." Sav muttered, distracted by Steph's fighting skills.

Savanna was rolled onto her back again, the figure, once again, reached for her neck-

"Stop!"

It was a farmiliar voice, as soon as the command was shouted, everything stopped.

"Take off your masks, guys." The voice said calmly.

The figure on top of Savanna took off their mask-
"Griffin!?" She shouted.
"Sorry, Savanna." He smirked. "We're about to explain everything." He stood up and offered her a hand.

The other two also took off their masks to reveal the panting faces of Olivia and Drew.
Finally, the boy who had ordered the fighting to stop removed his mask. "Hey, girls." Came the voice of a smiling, sweaty Shawn.