Chapter 55

Luke sighs impatiently and sits across from Savanna, waiting for her to speak.

A minute later, she does.
"You're telling me that the Asesinos will kill me..." she ponders over her words. "But you're taking me to their leader?"

Lucas stares at her, eyes wide. His expression says that a switch in his mind had been flipped on.
"Yeah. Yeah, I am."

Savanna slouches over the table, head in her crossed arms.

"I don't know if Ian would kill you." Lucas mutters unhelpfully. "I've never known him to kill a girl he's slept with, I don't think it's likely."

"So that's your logic?" Savanna sits up. She mocks him in a deep voice, "Well I don't think he'd murder you since he's had sex with you."
She scoffs.
"I've never even kissed him, Luke."

"You're shitting me."
His eyebrows rise so high Savanna wonders if they'll fly away.

"I'm serious. Is it so hard to believe that I don't sleep with every guy I meet?" She raises her voice.

"Keep ir down, will you? That's not what I meant." He sighs again, blinking hard. "I can't believe you'd go and risk your life for a guy you haven't even kissed." He laughs with a serious expression stained onto his face.

"Well maybe it's platonic." Savanna speaks up defensively.

Lucas looks into her eyes with a mix of expressions that she can't read.

"What are you thinking about right now?"
She asks cautiously.

"Can't tell you that, sweetheart." He clears his throat. "Sorry I doubted you. If you two are really that close- uh- platonically... I think you'll be fine."

"You think I'll be fine? Well I have faith that Ian isn't gonna kill me." Savanna shakes her head disapprovingly.

Luke slides a card across the table.

"Is this my new ID?" Sav asks in an excited whisper.

"As if. It's our room key, we're on the second floor." Lucas stands, walking toward the elevators.
"Coming?"

Savanna rises from her seat, scratching Ammo's ear.
"C'mon, dude."

The two of them meet Luke as the heavy elevator doors slide open to welcome them.