Hate

One fall day I was sitting in my first class thinking about my Senpai. I looked around the room and I realized no one else was there. The class had ended a while ago. I stood up and walked to the roof where Senpai eats so I could look at him.

The thoughts of Senpai were shattered when I heard a piercing laughter coming from upstairs. I opened the doors to the roof and I saw him sitting in his usual spot on the bench with a bento in his lap. Osana Najimi was standing in front of him talking to him, but the obnoxiously loud way she talked made it sound like she was always mad about something.

I went to my place next to a wall behind the bench where he sits, so I could watch him eat.

I normally don't bring a lunch to school unless somebody asks me to eat with them the day before. That rarely happens though. Instead, I stand in silence observing the way Senpai moves so swiftly. So gracefully.

I stood and listened to Osana and Senpai talk about useless little things like books, and the texture of his rice. It would be boring to anyone else listening, but I couldn't leave. She might kiss him, or even confess. I zoned out for a bit thinking about how I could save Senpai from talking to her. He belongs to me

"I'll probably just kill her," I thought to myself. "But then he will be devastated... I'll have to make him hate her.." Just then Budo, the martial arts club leader, snuck up behind me.

"Kill who," he said.

I faked a smile. "Oh, nobody! I was just singing a song!" I lied.

"Oh! You sing? I never knew that Ayano! Maybe you could sing something for me one day?"

"Oh, well..." I thought for a second. I don't sing at all. Or at least I've never tried singing before. "Sure, maybe someday!" I replied anyway.

"Have you ever considered the music club," he asked. I shook my head no. "You should! But of course I would be pretty disappointed. I've been begging you to join the martial arts club for years." He laughed.

"I'm not that into music," I said trying to steer away from the subject of clubs. If I joined a club, I'd have less time to be with Senpai.

"Oh, well that's too bad. Will you still sing for me?" He asked.

"Sure thing Budo," I said, knowing that he'd just end up forgetting about it.

"Perfect! How about tomorrow around lunchtime?"

"T-tomorrow! Oh umm sure."

"Alright! I'll see you tomorrow Ayano!"

He gets up and starts walking to the doors downstairs. He turns back around really quick to do a little wave. Great. Now I have to learn a song AND find a way to get Senpai to hate Osana!

For the rest of lunch, I sit and watch Senpai some more. The way he talks, the way he eats, the way he looks at her. He should look at me that way, not that stupid baby. Still, everything he does is perfect. He is perfect.

The bell rings and he gets up. They say goodbye, and he walks to his class. Osana stands there staring at him walk away. She makes me sick. She doesn't love him as I do. She could never.