Confusion

The next morning, I was excited yet afraid for the martial arts meeting. I walked up the never-ending stairs until I reached the second level. The martial arts club room was closed. There was a note on the door. It read, "No meeting this morning. (Ayano, you're uniform is on the mat.)" I opened the sliding doors. My uniform was on the green mat, in the middle of the room. The lights were off. I slowly made my way to the martial arts uniform and bent over to reach it.

"Hey, Ayano," a sad voice whispered.

I jumped and looked in the direction of the mysterious voice that called my name. I saw Budo in his gym uniform, scrunched up in the corner of the room with his head down.

"Budo, what are you doing here? Are you alright?"

"I'm sorry Ayano, I meant to leave before you got here, I just couldn't bring myself to get up."

"Budo, what's wrong? How long have you been here?"

"I never left the club last night. I changed into my gym uniform and then I spent the night here and I didn't get any sleep."

"Oh Budo... May I ask why?"

"I wouldn't like to talk about it, but I would like to get some sleep." He said.

"Oh alright. I guess I'll see you later then. I'm sorry that you're not feeling your best."

I picked up my uniform and turned for the door.

"Wait! Ayano, could you stay here and be with me for a bit?" He begged.

Why would he want me to do that. This is ridiculous, no way! "Sure."

I went over to the corner he was sitting in and I slid down the wall onto the floor. He laid down against the wall and in seconds the sound of his light snoring filled the room. He looked so peaceful. I wonder what happened.

A little while later I decided I should probably get to class. When I was about to get up, Budo switched directions and laid his head on my shoulders. He shifted onto me and his head fell to my chest. I decided it was probably best for me to not move so I got comfortable and soon enough I fell asleep too.

A loud knock pounded on the door and we were both rudely woken up. The sliding doors shook as the knocking continued. I jumped up and ran to the changing closet. Budo opened the door.

"Oh, hey Osana," Budo said, surprised.

Osana?

"Hi! So I heard Ayano recently joined your club and I was wondering if you had seen her."

Why would Osana need to talk to me?

"Umm, no I haven't seen her, but could you please tell me what time it is?"

"it's 3:10"

"OH! Thanks Osana, I'll be on the lookout for Ayano. See ya later!" I heard the door slam close and the light switch on. "Okay Ayano, cleaning time starts in twenty minutes so we need to start getting ready. I didn't think we had slept the whole day away but I guess we did. I'm really sorry that I made you late to class, but I'm glad you stayed with me. The thing is Ayano... I really like you." He walked up to me, leaned in and kissed me. I was speechless. I nodded and scurried to the restroom. I ran into a stall and sat down.