Tension

On Monday, Budo and I met at the martial arts room that morning. I smiled and scurried to go change. I got out with my hair down. Budo started to turn around.

"Hey Ayano-" He stopped and looked at me. "Wow. Your hair looks really nice down."

"Thanks Budo. Anyway, what were you saying?" I said. Budo was staring at my hair. How it falls and traces my curves. "Budo?"

"Oh! Uhhh... Do you want to spar? Maybe it'll be fun to actually participate in club activities considering that I'm the president," he chuckled.

"I'd love that!"

He walked me over to the mat. He smiled at me and I smirked, waiting for him to make the first move.

"Don't worry, I'll go easy on you." He laughed.

He lifted his arm up, to make me think he was going to swing. Then he kicked the air. I dodged it and swung my arm toward his neck. He grabbed my hand and twisted me around. My back to him, he had my hands behind me. He put his chin on my shoulder and kissed my neck. I blushed. The rest of the club members were watching. I needed to fight back. I tightened my grip on his wrists. With all of my upper body strength, I flung him over my head and his back slammed on the ground.

"I win!" I laughed and everyone applauded.

Budo looked at me amazed. "No way, Ayano! You're so strong. You could have killed me if you wanted to!" he laughed.

"Haha...Thanks Budo." I said knowing what he said was true. Everyone went back to what they were doing. Class time started and we all migrated to our classes. I walked Budo to his class room, 3-2. We reached the door.

"So after class, I'll talk to Taro and ask him if he wants to eat with us at lunch." Budo said.

"Alright. I'll see you after class!"

"See you after class. I love you!" He said. I stood on my tip toes and kissed him on the cheek.

Once again I said nothing. He flinched again, and shuffled to his desk and I went to my own classroom. I learned about physical education so I could grow better at martial arts. Class finally ended and I ran upstairs to meet Budo.

"Hey Budo! Did Taro say yes?" I asked.

"Actually, he didn't. He said it would 'hurt him too much'? I didn't get it."

"Hurt him? That doesn't make sense. I'll go talk to him." I started walking away

"Wait Ayano!" He said I walked in the room where Taro was gathering his things.

"Hey Taro! I meant to ask you, do you want to eat lunch with me today?" He looked outside the door. I turned around to see what he was looking at. Budo was looking at us with his hands stuffed in his pockets.

"Sorry Ayano. I can't eat lunch with you guys. At least not for a while. It just hurts."

"Budo doesn't have to come with us. It'll be just me and you, alright?" I said

"Sure..." I let him finish packing up and we went out of the classroom.

"I'm gonna go eat lunch with Taro. You'll be alright Budo?"

"Of course," Budo sighed, but put on a smile.

Taro and I walked up the stairs to eat on the roof. We saw Osana sitting in her normal spot.

"I'm guessing you really don't wAyano eat with Osana," Taro said. I nodded. We sat on the opposite bench on the other side of the roof. We both decided we weren't that hungry so we could just talk.

"I don't mean to intrude on your personal life, but do you mind if I ask you what you meant by 'it hurts too much'," I asked.

"Seeing you and Budo together just makes me sad is all. Not for a particular reason or anything.. it just does." Taro stammered.

"Hmm." I still didn't get it.

"So you really love Budo, huh?"

"I think so. He means a lot to me and he's a part of me." I said. Taro sighed.

"That's great Ayano, I'm really happy for you." He said sadly.

"Anyway... Let's steal Osana's idea of truth or truth. I want to get to know you better." I said.

"Okay. I'll go first. Umm... What was your first impression of me?" He asked

I laughed. "Funny story actually. I had seen you around school a lot and I actually had a little crush on you."

"You did! Wow Ayano I didn't know that! That's really cool." Taro said a little too excitedly.

"Sure! Umm, what about you?" I asked.

"Well when I bumped into you, that's the first time I had met you. I thought you were really pretty and you were cute all flustered like that." He said. I blushed. Maybe old feelings sometimes don't go away.

"Thanks Taro." I said. It felt so tense trying to talk to him.