Shaken Thoughts

A new day began and I was filled to the brim with excitement. I changed clothes and waltzed into the kitchen. My mother looked at me sweetly.

"Happy Birthday Ayano! I love you sweetheart!" My father was already at work, I suppose. I smiled and started on my walk to school.

I strutted through the open doors of the school and slipped off my black shoes and replaced them with my pearly white school shoes. I felt a tap of my right shoulder. I turned to see no one, so I quickly turned my head to the left and as soon as I did, I was being kissed. I know these lips, soft and delicious. I ran my fingers through Budo's black hair. He leaned back and I was left speechless.

"Happy Birthday, Yan-Chan! I was waiting all night to see your beautiful, birthday face!" He pulled a big red present from his bag. My eyes lit up. I reached for it.

"No, no! Not right now. You're gonna have to wait for tonight!"

"Aw Budo! You got me all excited! But It'll be worth it when I get to spend some time with you. The girls are coming over at six so you'll have to be done with your guys before then if you want some time alone with me."

"That's not a problem! I can't wait! Oh, class is nearly starting. I'm not going to the martial arts club today, so I'll just be walking straight to town with everyone. See you at your house later! Love you."

He kissed my forehead and speedily walked to class. A long day of waiting in class was finally coming to an end. Budo texted me soon after he went to class and asked me to lead the martial arts club activities. Hastily, I went to the club. Soon after me, my fellow club members followed and got to business.

"Hey are you guys okay if I skip today? I need to rest before tonight," I gestured towards Mina Rai and Shima Shita, who we're both coming to my party.

"Oh yeah, I understand. I'll see you at six Ayano!" Mina said. I bowed and swayed out of the room.

I needed to be at home and get snacks prepared. It's four o'clock. The snacks are prepared and sleeping places have been put out for everyone. There was a knock on the door. I bet it's Budo. I turned the knob and the door creaked open. Oh. It's Najimi. She had sunglasses on and her uniform was messy.

"Hey Yan-Chan! I'm here for the party!" Osana said, struggling to keep her balance.

"You weren't invited. Please leave before I call the police."

"But I'm just here to have a goooooood time!" Osana insisted, clearly intoxicated.

"Osana are you... drunk?"

"What! No way! I may have had a drink or two, but nothing serious." She hiccuped.

"Okay... I still need you to go. Don't think I'm not serious about calling the police."

"No!" Osana jumped and put her arms around me "You can't call the police on me! They can't find out I've been drinking." Her breath wreaked from the burning smell of whiskey. I felt my shoulder her head was resting on get wet. Why was she crying?

"Okay Osana, I won't call the police on you. And you're clearly way too drunk for me to let you walk all the way back to your house." I pushed her off of me, closed the door, took her orange coat and sunglasses off, and led her into my room. My old instincts kicked in. This is the most perfect set up. My most hated rival is in my house and is clearly not well. I could knock her out and lock her up in my basement right now.. I shook the thought out of my head and guided Osana into my bed. She started snoring as soon as her head hit the pillow. I went back into the kitchen and started to nibble on the snacks. It's four-thirty.

 Another knock on the door. It's definitely Budo this time. He's gonna love this story about Osana.

I swung open the door once more. It's Taro?!?

"Happy birthday Ayano!" He held out a blue present. I took it.

"Hey Taro! Thanks for the gift, you didn't have to get me anything."

"Oh no, I wanted to. You've been such a great friend these past days and I wanted to return the favor. Anyway, can I come in." A soft, sleepy moan could be heard from my room. "What was that?"

"Oh.. um. It was just my cat. He's probably sleeping in my room," I lied.

"Aw I love cats! Can I see?" He asked.

"No! He's umm. He's sick!" I lied.

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Anyway I was just asking if I could come in."

"I actually don't think this is the best time."

"Oh come on Ayano! Just for a little." He looked down at me with his black charcoal eyes.

My heart pounded. "Okay, fine." I gave in.

"Hey isn't that Osana's jacket?" He pointed to the orange jacket that laid before him.

"Oh, I guess we must have the same one." I said nervously.

"Hmm, that's funny. I remember her telling me once that she got that jacket personally made on some website. I guess you guys have the same taste." He said.

"Oh yeah, that is funny." I said.

"Mmmm...idiot," Osana groaned from my room.

"Hey that sounded like Osana." He said.

"Nope! That was just my cat! He sounds like he's in pain, I should really go check on him." I said, walking Taro to the door. "It was nice seeing you Taro. Thanks again for the gift! I'll talk to you tomorrow!" I lightly pushed him out of my house and slammed the door.

Now, to check on my cat. I poked my head through the door. Osana was sleeping peacefully, with her face buried in the pillow. I sighed and slid back into the kitchen. It's five o'clock. I plopped myself down on my couch and pulled out my phone. I stared at my social media.

knock knock

Finally, that's probably Budo. I opened the door again.

"Hey Ayano! This is gonna be so fun!" A green haired girl pushed past me and turned around to look at me.

"Wow, you have a really nice home Yan-Chan," Midori Gurin said.

I looked at my clock. It's six o'clock. Soon after Midori, all of the rest of the girls arrived and joined the party.