Asleep

Budo and I finished up our food and I walked him to his house. I ran back by my house to gather all of my belongings. I packed a suitcase full of all of my clothes and toiletries. I made sure to bring extra pillows for the pullout couch. When I was walking back to Budo's house, I spotted the delinquents in the ramen shop. I wanted more than anything to give them a piece of my mind, but Budo needed me.

I finally reached Budo's house, and I let myself in. The inside was clean and smelled like cashmere. I placed my stuff down on the couch where I'll be sleeping. Budo's closed bedroom door was down at the end of the hallway. I slowly walked towards it, looking around the hallway and giggling at pictures hanging on the wall of Budo when he was a baby. I knocked on the door before swinging it open.

Budo stood in the center of the room, his back facing me with a towel clinging on to him. He was dancing while getting ready. He dropped his towel and his bare butt stood right in front of me. I turned around as fast as I could and slammed the door. I could feel my face getting hot. The door opened again, this time with Budo dressed in a blue T-shirt and black gym shorts.

"Oh man, I'm so sorry about that," Budo said blushing. He walked me into his room and we sat on his bed.

"Sorry about what? I didn't see anything," I stuttered.

"Right...You'll need to be more careful next time." He said.

"Yeah...Anyway I have all of my stuff! How's your back feeling?"

"About the same. Are you sure that you want to sleep on the couch? You can always just have my room." He said.

"I'm positive. Especially if your back is still hurting." I dramatically dropped myself onto his bed. My hair bounced back up. He did the same and we laid next to each other. I looked over to his radio clock on his bedside table. It's 3:57. We laid together for what feels like years, talking about nothing. I started up at the ceiling.

"You know, you really are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I don't know how I was surviving without you." He said to me.

"What made you come and talk to me in the first place. That day that you asked me to sing for you," I asked.

"Well, I saw the most beautiful girl leaning up against a wall. The same wall that she leaned against everyday. And the same girl who I had been begging to join my club for months. I was going to give it another try that day, so when I came up to you, you said you were singing. I just had to hear it for myself." Budo was smiling. You would guess he was the happiest guy in the world. When you looked at me I looked the opposite.

"What's wrong Ayano?"

"I just. I just can't explain how much you being here for me means to me. I could not be happier. You are my whole world and I want to spend every minute with you." I was bawling. My checks were getting puffy and my eyes were burning. He rolled over and kissed my forehead.

"I love you Ayano." We laid there holding each other in comfortable silence.

"Hey Ayano. Can I ask you something?" Budo said. I didn't answer. "How come you've never said I love you back?"

I made a snoring sound and rustled around a little. My back to him, I opened my eyes.

"I guess she's sleeping." He rolled over and turned off the lamp

After an hour, I was actually sleeping. Budo carefully lifted his arm off of me and tiptoed to the couch. I woke up hearing the sound of his footsteps but decided not to let him know I was awake. After ten minutes of us being apart I could hear muffled cries coming from the living room. They were the kind of cries where you can tell that they're not happy tears. Budo was upset about something. His cries got louder and louder until I couldn't handle it anymore. I got up from the bed and ran to the pulled out couch. Budo was sitting with his knees to his chest and his head in his hands. I walked over and put my hand on his back.

"Budo... What's the matter." Budo looked up to me. I tried to talk but the tears wouldn't stop. I hugged him until he calmed down a little.

Budo sniffed, "Remember that day that you found me in the martial arts room. I was crying and I asked you to sit with me and we both fell asleep?"

"Yes I remember Budo." I said rubbing his back.

"I was crying because... My mother was abusing me. I couldn't stay at home, so I slept at school. Soon, I had enough money to afford my own place. I'm just thinking about it is all..."

"Budo... I'm so sorry. I had no idea that this was all happening. You should have come to me. You could have stayed at my house until you had enough money to get this place. Budo, promise me you'll always let me know when something like this happens again. I don't want you to suffer and me not know about it." I said.

"I promise Ayano. Just please don't tell any of our classmates. I don't want them to feel bad for me."

I hugged Budo to reassure him that his secret was safe with me.

"Ayano will you lay with me again," Budo asked. I involuntarily snuggled myself laying beside him. I rolled over and put the side of my head on his chest. Not long after, we were both fast asleep.

——————————————————————————

Hey everyone~ I just wanted to thank you all for taking the time to read this! If you enjoyed it I encourage you to vote. What was your favorite part of this chapter? And while you're at it, why not check out my new yandere simulator fan fiction!

-Ella<3