Regret

We sat down in the martial arts room. Crisscrossed on the green carpet.

"Okay, so I'm ready when you are," Budo said.

"Alright well... here I go..." I started singing the song. Budo's facial expression changed throughout the song. When I finished, I sat there waiting for a response.

"Ayano... That was beautiful. You're talented Ayano. You're very talented." Budo beamed.

"Thank you, Budo! I've never done something like this before." I faked a smile.

"Really? It sounds like you take lessons." He said.

"No. I've never actually sung before." I said.

"Well, I really think you should join the music club. They would be lucky to have somebody that sings like you." He said solemnly.

I looked into his eyes. "Well Budo, I could never do that."

"What why?"

"Because I'm going to join the martial arts club!" I blurted out.

"What!! Ayano no way! I've been asking you for years! What changed your mind?" He asked.

"I don't know. I guess something changed."

The rest of the lunch period we ate and chatted. How could I agree to join a club? I don't even like martial arts. There was just something about him. Something about the way he talked to me. Well... If I learn, I could easily kill Osana. There's no turning back now I guess.