enflamed

Knock Knock Knock

____________________

Who the hell could that be? Budo and I both got up and opened the door together. Taro and Osana stood in the doorway.

"What are you guys doing?" Budo said, rubbing his eyes.

"Can we stay here?" Taro asked.

What?! "I thought you guys were living at Taro's house." I said angrily.

"My parents kicked me out..." Taro said. "I asked if Osana could stay with us, and they said no. I begged and begged and explained her whole situation, but they said they wouldn't have a random girl living in their house. I don't get it. Osana's been my friend for years, my parents know her..." He explained. Osana's head was pointed to the floor.

"Ayano? What do you think?" Budo whispered to me.

"It's your house." I grumbled.

"Come on in." Budo opened the door wider. Osana and Taro came inside. "You guys can fight over the pullout couch and the floor. Ayano's going to have to sleep in my bed..." Budo smiled... He's enjoying this.

"Thank you guys." Osana said. They sat down on the couch, and I followed Budo to his room.

"Are you tired?" I asked him.

"Not really," He said, picking up the covers. I sat in the bed and he did the same. I looked over at him. His dark hair was all messed up. He was staring, but not at my face. I glanced down then back up at him, and got closer. He leaned in and started kissing me. Sometimes on my lips, sometimes somewhere else. He clicked off the light.

The next morning we all slept in. I woke up to the sun shining on my face. Budo was missing from his side of the bed. I got up and dressed, and walked into the living room. Everyone was sitting on the couch talking. I joined them.

"So what are you guys' plans for today?" Taro asked us.

"Oh we don't really have any. We usually just go one day at a time." Budo smiled and put his arm around me. "Good morning Ayano." He pulled me close and kissed me on the head.

"Good morning Budo." I said. "What were you guys thinking of doing?" I asked Osana and Taro.

"Not sure... We could go pick up some food?" Osana suggested.

"Sure, why not." Budo said. We all stood up and walked towards the door.

"Hey isn't that the present I gave you?" Taro pointed to the box still on the table. "You haven't opened it yet?"

"Oh wow no. I haven't gotten to it yet." I said, hoping he wouldn't make me open it in front of everybody.

"Well why don't you open it now?" Damnit.

"Sure! Why not!" I grabbed the box and sat down at the table. I unwrapped the white paper, and opened up the cardboard box. Inside it was a lighter.

Huh? A lighter?

"I hope you like it." Taro said.

I picked it up. It had cute flowers on it in a sort of 70s pattern. "Yeah. Thanks Taro." I set the lighter down. Why a lighter?

"Alright... Let's get going then!" Budo said, breaking the tension.

I sat up, and we left Budo's apartment. We wandered around the town taking note of the restaurants in the area. Finally we decided and sat ourselves down at a sushi place in the center of Shisuta town.

"I'll have... uh." Budo glanced at his menu. "I'll have a spicy tuna roll." Budo said to the waitress. She looked at me, and I worriedly glanced at Budo. "Oh um, she'll have the same." Budo grabbed my hand, and the waitress walked away.

"God, how do you guys do that!? You totally just read her mind, she didn't even say anything!" a jealous Osana said.

"Well she mentioned to me before that she's never eaten here, so I figured she didn't know what to get. I guess the key is listening to each other." Budo explained.

"Hey! I listen!" Osana reached over the table and tried to hit him, but her arms were too short.

"Alright enough you too." Taro laughed. "Hey.. Thank you guys for letting us stay with you until we can figure something out! I know your apartment is small, and you two need your privacy. I promise Osana and I are working on it as fast as we can!" Taro monologued.

"Yeah... Thanks." Osana embarrassedly said.

"It's no problem guys. I swear." I said.

"Yeah. And now I get to be in the same bed as Ayano." Budo poked me in my stomach.

"Oh Jeez!." I punched his arm and he laughed.

"You guys are seriously so gross." Osana leaned back in her seat.

After several laughs later I excused myself. "Pardon me I'm just going to run to the ladies room."

"Oh! Oh wait! Me too!" Taro said, squeezing past Osana in the booth. He caught up to me. "Hey Ayano-chan!"

"Oh uhm.. Hey Taro." I said, trying to walk faster.

"Wait up, I wanted to talk to you." He said, grabbing my shoulder. I stopped at the bathroom door. "So.. How did you like my present?" Taro said.

"It was nice.. But, why a lighter?" I asked.

"Well.. Not to be cheesy or anything but..." Taro leaned into my ear. "It's because you lit my heart on fire."

I stumbled backward. "What?!" I yelled. He quickly covered my mouth and looked around to see if anyone heard me.

"Well I'll let you go to the bathroom now.." Taro blushed and walked away.

I ran into the bathroom and plopped myself down in a stall. What the hell!?! I "set his heart on fire" What the hell is that supposed to mean?!?! I sat up and went to the sink. I ran the cold water on my hands and watched it fall through my fingers. I had to hurry and make him fall for Mai. 

_______________

Hey guys! Sorry for the wait, but I hope you like this chapter! Thank you so much for reading. 

-Ella <3