Living

Budo gasped. "What was that!" he sat up.

"I was about to tell you. Osana came to my house drunk. She started crying, so I let her sleep here." I explained.

"Oh man. So what time is everyone waking up for school tomorrow?" He asked.

"Probably six. We all need to get ready and walk to school."

"We?" Budo asked worriedly.

"You and I don't have to go, but I at least need to wake up with them so they don't wait around for me. I'll just tell them that I'll meet them there." I felt Budo's arm fall on top of me as he rolled over to face me. Gentle snoring came from his little mouth. Not long after him, I was sleeping too.

Dimmed sunlight came through my mother's curtains. I could hear the sounds of laughing girls from my living room. I quietly got out of bed. All the girls were getting ready for school, putting their uniforms on.

"Hey Ayano! Did you sleep well?" Pipi asked me.

"We're all ready, we're just waiting for you now!" Midori said, sticking her tongue out.

"You guys go ahead, I'll meet you there. I'll be a while, getting ready and I don't want to make any of you guys late." I insisted.

"Aww, okay Yan-Chan!" Midori Gurin ran up and embraced me. She's one of my favorites. I opened the door and individually thanked them all for coming to my party. Special hugs went to Saki, Kokona, Mina, Shima, Mai, and once again Midori.

They all started their commute to school and I started my commute back to my parents room. Budo laid peacefully and I jumped in the bed to join him. I went back to sleep.

BUMP! CRASH!

Budo and I both looked up. We rushed to my room to find Osana on the floor with my dresser knocked over and a broken vase on her head. Blood was trickling down her hair and on to my carpet. Budo immediately ran over, brushed off the glass on her head, turned her over and put her in his lap. I kneeled down next to him.

"She's still bleeding. We need to clean her wound. I don't think it's deep enough for stitches but she could still have a concussion."

He carried her to the kitchen sink and laid her on the counter. He started tending to the wound and all we needed was a bandaid. Under the sink was my first aid kit. I pulled out a regular sized bandaid. Budo gently put it on the wound.

A small, drowsy moan came from her mouth. Her eyes began to flutter. She opened her eyes to see Budo standing over her. She slid off the kitchen counter with her hand on her head and her face all blushed. Flustered, she looked around the room to find me. She stopped freaking out and sat back on the counter.

"What happened." She asked with tears in her eyes. We explained and she gasped with every new thing we told her.

"Wow Budo." She looked up at him with sparkling eyes. "Thanks for saving my life."

"It was nothing. I couldn't have done it without Ayano," he put his arm around me.

"Oh... Thank you too Ayano. For letting me sleep here and taking care of me."

"My pleasure." I smiled.

"Ow! My head hurts so bad.... OMG! I need to get to school!" Her hand on her head, she rushed around trying to get ready.

"There is no way you're going to school," I said. I put my arm around her and led her back to my room.

Budo and I plopped down on my couch and yawned. I glanced at the clock. 12:20. My stomach grumbled.

"I see you're just as hungry as I am," Budo chuckled. "How about we go grab a bite to eat."

"That sounds good. I don't have any food here so we'll have to go to town." I said.

I got dressed while Budo stayed in his only clothes. I was dressed In a sweater jacket and a low cut tank top that showed my cleavage. The tank top was tucked into a black skater skirt. My short, black hair was down. Budo stood there in amazement.

"Ayano, you look amazing. I think now would be the perfect time to open your birthday present.

We walked over to my kitchen table where Budo set down my flowers and present from last night. In the light I could see that the flowers were beautiful bright red roses. He picked up the equally bright red present and placed it right next to me. I tore open the wrapping paper, not trying to savor it. I opened the box my present was waiting in. A jewelry box was sitting next to a handwritten note.

"Read the note last," he said.

I reached for the jewelry box and slowly opened it. A necklace lay inside of it. It was gold chained. It had a gold music note charm and a heart charm with his fingerprint embedded inside of it.

"Oh Budo! This is beautiful." He picked it up and moved my hair to the side and started to put it on me.

"The music note is for the time you sang to me at lunch and the heart is so that you always have me with you even when I'm not there."

"Budo, that's so thoughtful! I love it so much!" I turned around and kissed him. I grabbed the letter.

"Ayano, ever since you've come into my life I've been seeing the world differently. I've been finding beauty in everything and I can't imagine my life without you. You mean the world to me and I want to spend the rest of my life with you." He took a rose out of the bouquet and put it behind my ear.

"I have a better idea." I took a bunch of roses out and started braiding the stems together. I held up a flower crown and put it on my head.

"You look gorgeous. Now, let's go so I can eat."

We started on the way to town. We talked and laughed the whole way there. We passed a closed ramen shop. Budo shuttered. We reached a sweet little cafe. We sat in a booth and looked at the menus before going to order at the counter. I decided on a turkey sandwich and Budo just wants a cream cheese bagel. I insisted that I pay, so I went up to order. I came back with our food. Budo was sitting with his hand on his back and his head on the table. I sat his bagel next to him.

"Budo, how's your back?" I asked

"Oh, I'm fine. Everything's okay." He lied.

"Budo please. I know it hurts, but it'll heal. Maybe you need to take some time off martial arts or even school in general." I said.

"No, I can't be away from you. I wish I could just live with you."

"Yeah, it's too bad my parents would never let you move in with us," I sighed. Budo gasped.

"Well, my parents wouldn't care! I have my own place! It's only one bedroom, but I have a pull out couch that I can sleep on and you can have my room!" He exclaimed.

"Budo, there is no way I'm making you sleep on the couch, especially in your condition."

"Well, I'm never gonna make you sleep on a couch either. You're way too good for that." He insisted.

"Well I guess we're stuck." I joked. He took a bite of his bagel.

"We could get our own house, a bigger one?" Budo suggested.

"Budo, I'd love to, but there are so many things that go into buying a house." I said.

"We can both pitch in and just move in my furniture from my last apartment and your belongings from your room." Budo pleaded.

"I just think we need to think about it a bit more before we jump into this." I said

"Okay. You're right, I just didn't want to have to stay home by myself for a few days. I just thought it'd be nice for you to come home and I'd be there. For you to call my home 'home'. But you're right." he said, disappointed.

"Oh, Budo... How about I stay at your house for a while. I'll sleep on the couch and I'll bring an extra cushion to make you not feel so bad about it. I'll go to school and bring you work that you've missed. How does that sound?"

"It sounds great!"