Missing

After lunch, I left school basically skipping home. I was so excited to be seeing Budo again. I feel like I can't live without him anymore. I reached his house and swung the front door open.

"Oh Budo! I'm home!" I said slinging our school stuff on the floor. "Budo?" His name echoed through the house. "Babe?" I yelled again. No answer. Huh.

I walked around the apartment searching for him. Calling out his name in each room I went to.

I circled back to the kitchen and looked at the note I left him that morning. It was flipped over.

Hi Ayano! Osana called.. We're meeting at the ramen shop. She wants you to come when you get home. I'm sorry. Love you! - Budo

Najimi. Who does she think she is trying to steal MY Budo. She is going to regret this.

I quickly changed clothes. I made sure the outfit showed off my body, so Budo doesn't have any wrong ideas about Osana. I grabbed my wallet and walked as fast as I could to the ramen shop. I arrived and saw Budo and Osana sitting on the same side of a booth. I opened the door.

"Good afternoon Budo! ... Najimi." I sat down on the other side. Osana looked up at me with tears all over her face. She saw me and smiled.

"Ayano! Thank God you're here!" She said. She stood up. "Here, you can sit next to Budo." I looked at him. His shirt was wet on his chest. That bitch. I sat down next to him. He grabbed my hand.

"Hello Ayano." He smiled. "I'm sorry... You look good." He rubbed my hand in circles with his thumb. I smiled.

"So. What is it you needed me for?" I looked at Osana.

"Well... Uh. After you kicked me out of the apartment last night, I went back home like you said. I wanted to get used to being alone. But, when I got there, there was a for sale sign out in the yard... My parents leave me without saying a word and then sell our house like I'm nothing... I'm nothing." She put her head on the table. She wasn't even crying.

I looked over at Budo. "What do we do?'' I whispered. I really had no idea. There's no room at Budo's apartment.

"Well Osana, you could stay at my house." I said. "You'd be alone for now, which I know you don't want.."

"YOU'RE RIGHT I DON'T WANT THAT." She yelled. "I can't be alone." She frowned.

"Well why don't you ask a friend? Raibaru-chan would be so happy to let you stay with her." I said. Raibaru is Osana's crazy best friend. She spies on her more than I spied on Taro.

"What are you, stupid? I can't ask Raibaru. She'll go crazy trying to take care of me!"

"Fine then. What about Taro?" I said. Damn I forgot I'm trying to set them up with other people!

'Hmm. I could, but... You don't think it would be weird?" She asked. "We haven't really talked since that day we had lunch with you."

"No, I don't think it's weird." Budo finally inserted himself into the conversation. "He'll totally understand the situation." He said.

"Fine then... I'll ask him." Osana said. She brushed her hair with her hands, and stood up. "I better be going now. Here.." She laid down some cash from her wallet. "Eat something.. On me." She ran out of the shop in the direction of Taro's house.

"So.." Budo said. "You wanna tell me why you look so good?" He pulled me close to him. We ate lunch and laughed. I told him about school that day and caught him up on his school work.

"Tomorrow, hopefully Osana is back at school. We need to set her up with Kyuji Konagawa. And the same for Taro and Mai!" I said while we were walking home from the shop. "How's your shoulder?" I asked.

"It's fine I guess." He said. "Not as sore. I know I was supposed to be resting, but Osana just wouldn't stop calling." He said.

"Don't worry about it. I would have caved too. Let's just hope her and Taro don't fall in love while they're living together." I laughed.

"Why not? They might as well. It's kind of perfect." Budo said.

"I just can't do that. To either of them. She would tear him apart, and he would break her heart. It just doesn't feel right." I said. Do I really believe that?

We reached the apartment. The clock read 9:10. I guess we were out for longer than we thought. We both got ready for bed. I threw myself onto his couch. He joined me and embraced me so tightly.

"I can't believe I get to see my girlfriend before I go to bed. You're amazing." He kissed my forehead. "Goodnight." He said and started getting up.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him back down. I pulled him closer and kissed him. "Hey." I said. "I love you." Budo's eyes widened.

"You what?" He smiled.

"I love you!" I kissed him.

"Why didn't you say it before?" He asked.

"I loved you, but I didn't think I was ready to say it. I wanted to so badly, but now I'm ready and I know that you are too. I love you Budo. I love you so much." I said.

"I love you too Ayano. I'll love you until I die!" He laughed and leaned in. We kissed until our lips were chapped. I fell back on the couch. He moved his fingers up and down my body and I giggled.

"Good night Budo. I love you." I said, sitting up.

"I love you too Ayano. Goodnight! I'm gonna go to school with you tomorrow. I want everyone to see what a cute couple we are!" Budo kissed me on the cheek and walked off. I flipped over and went to sleep. 

_____________________________

uhhhhh. Hey guys! I haven't written in a while. I left the story at such a bad ending, and I wanted to fix it and make it better! So, I wrote a few more chapters, and they'll be coming out pretty frequently. I also went back and edited it. I took you guys' critiques, and I made their relationship seem a little more believable. I'm so excited about this and I hope you guys are too! 

- Ella <3