Chapter 1

"Destiny are you ready honey?" Luna Andrea called me. I was sitting in front of the mirror of my room from last thirty minutes. I was trying to think what can I wear. Oh forget it. I dressed in my usual cloths. The baggy jeans and long sleeved tee. No one cared how I look any way.

I got down as fast as I can. I smiled weakly at my Alpha and Luna. The smiled back at me. I saw my cap and took it. Just what I needed to hide myself behind the cover. Luna Andrea shook her head in disapproval.

"You are beautiful Destiny why don't you show your true self to the world?" She asked me the same question again which she is asking me from past many years.

Many years since my parents died. I was what 10 or 12 then. I don't remember it just the fragments of that night. The night I had nightmares about. The night i...

No I will not think about it. I will not think about that ever. I clutched my bag tighter. I was ready for school. Another day in hell. Let me tell you why I am the designated nerd and so I am most chosen victim of bullying.

But today the school was quite, I don't know if it is the good thing or the bad thing because it maybe a good thing but can turn out pretty bad for me.

Speaking of which today is the day when Xander returned from his trip. He is older than me and he will soon be taking title of the alpha.

I am Seventeen now and he is almost eighteen which means he can find his mate now. Well not that I care. He can sense his mate earlier because he is an alpha. But not necessarily always. I want to see who the lucky girl will be.

This was the final year after summer vacations were over. Today there is a celebration in the pack house for the return of the next Alpha king.

His Luna will be the Luna Queen. And most likely today he will find his mate if he did not already done that.

I looked inside the school doors and shied in relaxation when I found it almost deserted. It is the advantage of coming late and coming early. I shied as I made my way towards my Locker. I exchanged my books for the first lesson.

Just when I thought I was safe I get surrounded by the queen bee Carline of the school and her little minions with her. I hate to call those hideous creatures minions are actually very adorable.

She stood before me. "If it isn't the pack Slut" She said. I smirked but I didn't let it show. I know what is about to come next. She pulled me up by my hair.

"You are pathetic Destiny. No wonder your own mom and dad left you. You know what your mate will be disgusted with you. There will be no one who will ever going to love you ever"

She then threw me against the wall. I didn't cried. It was almost my daily routine. I am used to it now. I cannot tell anyone why because it will only create the rift between the packs.

She is the daughter of Alpha of Cresent moon and I don't want the packs to go war over me.

I was left alone throughout the day. I cannot thank myself enough for it. Yes finally I am out of the hell hole I call school. I walked rest of the way back to the house I live in.

I saw the maids rushing in and out of the kitchen in order to prepare the meal of the guest. As soon as I entered Luna Andrea pulled me into my room and started to throw dresses at me.

I hate dressing up but she will not going to take no for an answer. "I hate dressing up" I moaned looking at the white dress she made me wear. I look like some princess. It was good she was not aware of my injuries.

"Why am I dressing up again?" I asked Luna Andrea. "Because it is my son's birthday and my daughter's." She slowly made me look up.

"you look pretty as a princess Doll. There is no way anyone will be able to take their eyes off you My daughter." She kissed my forehead.

I saw alpha James come and held her in his arms. I looked at them lovingly. They are what I have close to my family. After my mother and father left me alone they had been looking after me.

"You are like my daughter Destiny the last remembrance of my best friend. You are my daughter don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. " Alpha said.

I looked at them and smile weakly. I am no daughter of an alpha I am weak and I am pathetic if I was not... I stopped thinking about the dark thoughts in my mind from crawling back in.

Not today, today I am focusing on my family. My only family alive right now I need to be with them. I walked in the pack house to see the crowd already gathered. Along with the other pack alpha and beta.

I know most of them but most of them really don't know me or do not want to know me. Well I too am comfortable in leaving in shadows.

I Looked for a corner sutible for me no one is going to celebrate my birthday anyway. I watched Carlin with someone.

Maybe one of her boyfriends. When the guy turned around his beautiful silver grey eyes met mine. I felt a rush of hope inside me which I really shouldn't. And suddenly I was pinned to the wall by The boy.

He growled lowly and said the word that may had changed everything of my life.

"Mate"

Word Count: 1003 words