Chapter 36

We are in surveillance room and someone had just made sure that we cannot see anything through the cameras. We have enough wolves to act as our eyes and ears but still not enough to keep every part of territory in check. Ronan and Daniel was also here and they were trying to resolve the situation.

While Princeton, Ken, Renan and Cade took their shifts to train the soldiers. I moved close to Ronan "Why were you so hard on that girl?" I ask. "She gets on my nerves. She acts like a brat and did you see the way she looks at me? It is like she is the dog and I am piece of meat" Oh Ronan got a fan.

"She likes you? Is that your Problem? I think you should be thankful to her that she is your admirer" I spat. Ronan's eyes turned cold "WELL I DON'T NEED ADMIRERES I AM FINE ALONE" His eyes were ablaze. Xander was swift on his feet and he pulled me to him snarling. "Stop disrespecting my mate when all she is trying to do is help you" Xander said. "That is thing Alpha Anderson I DO NO NEED ANY HELP OR ANY KIND OF SYMPATHY FROM ANYONE OF YOU" He shouted storming out of the room.

Daniel stopped me from persuading him "let him take his time to cool off." I nodded. Now what can we do with the problem? Suddenly I saw Paige running inside. "Guys I will be back just few minutes" I said Xander nodded letting me go. I walked towards the direction Paige ran off to.

"Paige can you hear me?" I asked. I heard sobbing. I walked inside the door and she looked up with red rimmed eyes. "Paige what happened?" I asked pulling her to me . "Alpha Ronan he... he said to stay away. I... I cannot he... he is my mate" What?

"You are mistaken sadly my dear he cannot be. You probably thought he is your mate" I said drawing soothing circles over her back. "I...I know I can feel it. But he cannot see me as his mate" She sobbed harder. Is it possible that he already got his second chance mate? Of it is I am so thankful to moon goddess.

"We have a problem with surveillance I have to go." I told her as she stopped sobbing. "I can help I know a thing or two about computers" I nodded and took him to the room. "guys I have brought help" I announced. I am surprised to see Princeton and Ken here. Princeton looked at Paige and his eyes narrowed in anger.

"Who hurt you sister?" he asked Paige. "n...No one Prince I am fine I am alright" She shuttered. "Let he see it maybe she can help with it" I said to the operators working on the system. I looked how she was trying to access the problem. She looks too involved into it. Maybe I can take her help and track down the traitor in the pack.

"Hey what are you thinking so hard about?" he asked. "Nothing just thinking about if we can build an academy for the wolves and the best who will graduate from their come work as a warrior or maybe work in surveillance department or maybe some more hidden talents can come out of it" Xander looked at me thoughtfully. "You know what it is not a bad idea. I think I have a good place for that too." He kissed my cheek. "All done we got our surveillance back."

We all look at Paige. She was happy in spite of her red rimmed eyes. We scanned the area. And there it was written with silver arrows. A big bold 2. But two what? Two weeks? Two days? Two hours? I am confused.

"Xander we can expect them to attack any day now." Xander nodded. "gather the troops." Xander's voice rang throughout the territory. I still do not want anyone to get hurt over me. He wants me. He wants me because I am only thing standing between him and the throne. And now I am the queen... "Xander maybe we can negotiate some kind of deal with Kyle. I do not want anyone to die because of me." I protested.

Xander picked me up and ran to our room which was surprisingly not trashed anymore. everything he has broken is fixed. "Xander" I protested. "No I am not going to lose you. I am going to chain you to my bed if you say this again. No reckless moves. I will not allow you to have any reckless moves." Xander put his forehead against mine.

Listen to mate he wants to do what is good for us.

Like hell I will listen Diana. "Xander I am first an warrior and then a Luna. I am an alpha by birth and alpha female by mating too. It is a natural instinct to protect my family and my pack members." Xander looked at me and said "I know all that but it is m natural instinct to protect you. If you fall so does the pack. It will crumble under weak guidance and not to mention you are the Luna Queen. It will weaken every Luna that will ever be."

I never though that. Pack will fall and chaos will befall everywhere. Kyle can then easily takeover every pack there is. And no one can be able to take him down ever. One thing I know about Kyle that he had lost it. The insanity that was there would have been increase in it. There is no knowing what he could have been doing to this stage.

Xander looked at me and then left my hand. "now you see how important you are to me little mate? How important you are to everyone else? Do you realize now?" He asked. I can only nod m head. I do understand but still so many people doing because of me was not a appealing idea. Not very appealing indeed.

"Look at me baby girl" I looked at Xander. "I know you don't want any harm come to us. Your family, your friends and your mate but we too will be devastated without you baby girl." He kissed me softly and that morphed in full session of make out.

Xander pulled away from me as his face gone blank. "Xander?" I asked softly. "We need to go there had been a situation in the borders." He didn't wait for my answer he just threw me over his shoulder and ran.

He placed me outside and I was more than little dizzy. "What happened?" Xander looked at the boy who was held by Cade and Renan. "he is a hunter" Xander hissed. I stood in front of him "He is a kid." I protested. "He wants to meet you Alpha princess and Alpha king and he is watching you. Agree to this meeting and no one will be harmed."

A/N: four more to go and counting...

Almost at the end of this story. it was an wonderful journey and thanks to my readers for making it worthwhile.

Vote

Comment

And share...