Chapter 5

I made the last of the breakfast for the hungry wolves. It was my daily routine now to clean and cook for the pack members.

I don't complain though. I have been living here from past two weeks and the pack members really don't care whether I live or die.

I was a nobody to them. Alpha James and Luna Andrea came to see me. They told me to come back. But I cannot not where my mate was. Not where I can see him with other girls. Girls like Carlin.

Carlin and Xander had been dating for a while. I know this because I see the sucking faces in school hallways. And later I end up with bruises.

I even get bullied in pack house. But there are marks I never show.

Some marks are harder to heal. And some marks one can really not show. I have been abused since I can know.

I can remember and some marks really never heal. I wished that my mate would have take me away from here. Love me and protected me but now that dream too is shattered.

The only chance I have is to finish the high school and get into a good college. I was walking out after cleaning when suddenly someone tripped me. I fell down and landed on m bruised rib.

"You are a pathetic excuse for a she wolf no wonder Alpha rejected you. If I was your mate I would have rejected you too."

I gritted my teeth and stood up. Too bad this is only the beginning. I was helpless at school because Daniel is nineteen and already graduated high school.

And furthermore I cannot always depend on him to protect me can I? he is not my mate and my mate well he is too busy with his false ego to be with me.

I walked out of the pack house my body lined with fresh set of bruises and marks. I covered my head with a cap and let my hair flow.

I walked to school. I do not own a car. Alpha and Luna wanted to gift me one because they never wanted me to feel like I am an orphan which I am.

I walked to the school corridor and soon enough I saw Xander. His grey eyes were still so cold and so disgusted with me. And it broke my heart a million times more.

He scanned m face and his eyes narrowed in anger for some reason.

Oh my bruises. Well this is not the first time. It is not him who is angry. It is his wolf. I didn't shifted after that night. I didn't felt I needed to.

Last time I shifted I was knocked out for one week.

I closed my Locker door and get ready for the first period. "So the slut is back" Carlin said. I didn't said anything.

"Oh Destiny you really didn't think that he will accept you as his mate did you. You are pathetic, fat and a sorry excuse for a person." She pushed me and then the kicking started.

I pulled my hand to protect my face. "Next time if you tried to come between me and Xander it will be the end of it. Remember I am your future Luna. You are just an orphan living on charity." She said and left me more bruised then before.

"Accept his rejection only then he can truly free from you and have me as a mate. I will bare his mark not you Destiny".

I can take it no more. I broke down and cried. They laughed. Suddenly I heard a growl. It came from the end of the hallway.

I doubled over pain. It hurts to breathe. I saw with blurry eyes when Xander came and kissed her. He kissed her in front of me.

Instead of looking at me he kissed her. I then saw someone push him away and picking me up.

I smell the rain forest on him. Daniel it is him. He came and he kept his promise. I smiled at him weakly. "Danny" I called softly.

"Yes little angel I am here for you and I am not letting you go ever" I snuggled into his chest earning a low growl from Xander.

I looked at him. He was gripping Carline tightly. She yelped. "Leave her alone now" Xander said in an angry tone. I was frightened. I snuggled into Daniel more.

"You are scaring her Alpha Anderson." Daniel Said.

"Daniel he will hurt you I cannot bear to see you get hurt because of me" I said truthfully. "Do you think I can see you get hurt Little Angel?" Daniel placed a soft kiss on my temple. Xander was shaking in anger now.

I know he is mid shift. "Daniel he will kill you please I will see you later I promise" I said. Daniel was not going to back down.

But I cannot see m best friend and my only friend getting killed because of me can I?

Daniel obeyed and put me down. "do you promise little Angel?" He asked caressing my cheek . "Yes " I said pushing him away.

He knows I was trying to protect him but hurt flashed across his beautiful eyes. He gave me one last look before walking away.

I was suddenly pulled into someone's arm. I saw Xander's head in crook of my neck breathing in and out trying to calm his wolf.

"I told you not to see him" He said in almost calm tone. But I know he is anything but calm. "You will be punished for this or he will baby girl choice is yours" He said in my ear whispering.

"I..." The bell rang suddenly as he moved leaving me panting. His eyes were still black that means his wolf is in control. I don't know what he wanted now from me.

Why cannot he just leave me alone.

I do not want to be his play toy.

Word Count: 1011 words