.2

✎(trigger warning: bullying: talking about self harm) bill pulled out old silver from the bike rack after school ended

(trigger warning: bullying: talking about self harm)
bill pulled out old silver from the bike rack after school ended. it was the weekend, but bill didn't want it to be the weekend. that meant he would have to go a whole two days without seeing stan. it also meant he had to face the reality of his brother being gone.

as he took off on his bike, he looked around one last time for stan, hoping he would catch a glimpse before he left.

he looked to the right, frantically searching for the curly haired boy, but there was no sign of him. he sighed as he turned his head to the left, looking towards the exit of the school.

"you freak. i bet you get off to looking at this stupid book. that's probably why it's so stained." henry bowers taunted as he threw stan's bird book around with his gang.

"page 63 is book marked, are you saving that for later?" patrick hockstetter teased as he pushed stan around. "well if you don't mind, i think i might take this one for me." patrick ripped out page 63 and shoved it in his pants.

bill couldn't believe his eyes. stanley uris was getting bullied and bill didn't know what to do. he wanted to help, but he was too scared.

"would you look at that, it's a new world warbler. those make me hard, too." patrick threw the book back to henry and grabbed onto stan's collar, wrinkling his freshly ironed button up. "listen here you little fairy, why don't you get the fuck out of here before we kill you." patrick was inches away from stan's face. stan could smell the cigarette smoke in his breathe and it made him feel queasy.

"why don't you go home and start a nice warm
bath? maybe if you're lucky you'll drown. i'll help you with a head start by cutting your wris-"

"sh-sh-shut up bowers!" bill screamed as he ran over to the group.

"you suh-s-say something? buh-b-billy?" henry mocked bill, trying his best to mimic the boys stutter.

"bill, please. i'm ok." stanley whimpered, afraid that bill might get hurt now. stan would feel like it would be all his fault if they even lay a hand on bill.

"how cute. you standing up for your boyfriend, bill?" henry smirked at the stuttering boy and narrowed his eyes at him. "hey, maybe he can join your bath, too! kill two birds with one stone." henry looked up as he watched his dad, a policeman, drive by, stopping right at the entrance. "come on guys, my dad's watching."

stan fell to the ground as they let him go, bill only awkwardly watching from a far.

it wasn't until he heard the quiet sobs coming from stan, that he walked over to his side, and crouched down next to him.