.4

♡monday came along quickly and soon enough bill found himself walking into the biology room yet again

monday came along quickly and soon enough bill found himself walking into the biology room yet again.

he was really excited to see stan after what happened on friday. stan stayed over until 9 p.m. that day and they watched movies; stan even taught bill some more about birds. he felt like they got pretty close that day and he was happy he finally had a friend again.

bill liked the thought of having stanley uris in his life and he was so confused as to why everybody pushed him away. stan filled bill's empty heart with joy. he also steered bill's thoughts away from georgie, at least for a little while. bill finally felt happy for once.

stan has other ideas. he still felt like bill didn't really want him to talk to him, but since stan didn't know personal space, of course he was still going to try and talk to him.

"hi billy!" bill looked up at stan who sat down in the desk next to him.

"h-hi stan the m-man!" bill tiredly smiled at him and took out his notebook. bill liked to feel prepared, even if he didn't use his notebook that day. just having it out made him feel like a better student.

"how was your weekend?" stan asked, trying to start a real conversation with the cute boy to his left. he hoped bill wouldn't get too shy to speak because sometimes he did that, and ignored stan.

"i-it was g-g-g-" bill sighed and didn't even attempt to continue. his stutter instantly changed his mood and he became upset, because it didn't even allow him to talk to stan. bill folded his arms on his desk and lied his head in it, hiding his embarrassed face from stanley. he wanted to cry. he hated his stutter. he would rather die than have to talk with his stutter ever again.

"hey bill, it's ok. take your time. its ok to be frustrated, just take a deep breath." stan tried to make the boy feel better by rubbing his back.  he hoped bill wouldn't be weirded out by it. it's just that this is how stan's mom calms him down, so he thought it might help bill.

bill didn't want to move. he loved the comfort he was getting from stan.

little did bill know that two familiar pairs of eyes were watching their every move. richie and eddie couldn't believe what they were seeing. was bill finally letting someone in instead of pushing them out? maybe they might have a chance to be his friend again.

oh how richie and eddie missed stuttering bill. although it didn't seem like it from bill's point of view, richie and eddie couldn't stop thinking about bill, along with the other losers.

their friend group consisted of beverly marsh, the beautiful red head who all of their friends had a crush on at some point in their life, ben hanscom, the quiet, history, nerd who in fact was still obsessed with beverly marsh, richie tozier, the trash mouth who doesn't know when enough is enough, and eddie kaspbrak, the germaphobe who is riddled with anxiety, but tries to hide it with his sense of humor. bill has tried to get the group to talk to mike hanlon, but they never got around to it, which upset bill.

when bill was there, he was the leader of the group. bill used to be outgoing when he was friends with them, but that changed as he lost them. now he just stands in the background, too scared to make friends because he doesn't want to lose even more than he already has.

"bill?" stan questioned as he poked bill's head. bill couldn't help but smile as he felt stan's touch. "hello? is anybody home in there?" stan joked as he poked his head again. bill let out a laugh and picked his head up. "oh, bill! hi! good to see you!" bill kept laughing at the dorky boy, who was desperately trying to cheer him up. "i'm glad you're home because i have to ask you a very important question."

"w-what is i-it?" bill asked through a fit of giggles. stan smiled at him, seeing how adorable bill was being in this moment.

"would you like to join me after school and go bird watching?" stan became serious and anxiously waited for the answer.

bill's facial expression softened as well, trying to figure out if stan was being serious.

"f-for real?" bill questioned and tilted his head slightly.

"for real." stanley repeated and bill nodded his head.

"i wuh-would love t-too, stanley." a big smile grew on bill's face. he couldn't wait to go bird watching with stan. just knowing that stan wanted to hang out with him, made bill feel overly delighted.

the cutest boy in the school wanted to hang out with bill denbrough?

'why did he want to hang out with me out of all people?' bill thought to himself.

for some reason bill couldn't get the thought out of his head that it was a prank. obviously someone had to be paying stanley uris to ask bill denbrough to hang out.

in this moment, it felt like the only logical answer to bill.

little did he know that it was all stanley's choice. there was no deals, no catch. it was all just stanley's heart speaking and stanley's heart really wanted to hang out with bill denbrough.