.6

🍃bill sat on the side of a hill, in the middle of an empty park, right next to stanley uris

🍃
bill sat on the side of a hill, in the middle of an empty park, right next to stanley uris. it was a nice summer day, accompanied with a cool breeze. just the perfect temperature to go bird watching, and of course for bill, to draw in his sketch book.

"bill look! a crow!" stan squealed lightly as he put his binoculars up to his face. bill didn't glance up from his drawing, causing confusion to run through stan's mind. "billy, look!" stan huffed, nudging the boy slightly.

"suh-stanley, you just showed m-me crow not even a min-minute ago. this w-would make it the s-sixth crow today! i know w-what a crow luh-looks like." bill chuckled slightly and shook his head, erasing the freshly drawn mistake that was made when stanley pushed him.

"but they all look different." stanley trailed off, slowly pulling his binoculars off of his face. his heart dropped as he came to a realization.

maybe bill denbrough is just like the others, he's just too nice to tell me no. he's probably about to snap at me any second.'

stanley reached for his binocular case and carelessly shoved it back in, giving up on watching birds. he had no motivation to watch them anymore if bill was just going to put his excitement down.

"s-stan?" bill put his pencil down and moved his sketch book aside. "d-did i say some-something w-wrong?"

stan just shook his head. he was too scared to speak up, because if he did, he knew he would burst out into tears.

he also said no because he didn't want to make bill feel bad. bill already had too much to worry about and stan didn't want to add more to his list, especially if he was only being ridiculous.

"a-are you s-sure?" for some reason, stan shook his head no again. he knew he shouldn't have done it, but he was about to cry anyways, so that would've told bill he was lying as well.

as stans tears silently poured down his face, bill tried to find the right words to say, but he couldn't. he wasn't aware of what he did, so he couldn't fix it until stan told him.

bill sat there watching stanley as his face softened up. bill's eyes became droopy and he kept opening his mouth slightly, trying to put together words. his eye lids kept fluttering and his head moved around slightly, while he fiddled with his fingers.

"s-stanley." bill choked out, hoping the boy wouldn't ignore him, but of course it wasn't going to be that easy.

"stanley." bill said more sternly this time. "i'm sorry, but if you can't tell me what i did wrong, i can't help you." bill raised his voice, not stuttering once.

his face scrunched up slightly and he clenched his teeth, staring back at stan. he balled his fists up tightly and sat up straight, trying to show stan that he was being serious, but stan only flinched.

"stop. you're scaring me." stan cried out, but it was barely audible. that was another thing about stanley uris. he was very sensitive. bill denbrough hasn't figured that out yet, until now.

"s-stan. i'm s-sorry." bill relaxed his body and took a deep breath. "can you please tell me what i did wrong?"

"it's stupid."

"don't say that. nothing is considered stupid if it makes you truly upset. i won't judge you, i promise." bill softened his eyes and smiled lightly at the boy, patiently waiting for his response.

"it's just, sometimes i get too excited about things i love and i forget that it doesn't mean as much to other people like it does to me. i forget that people don't appreciate the beauty of birds as much as i do. so it just kind of upset me when you had to bring up the fact i already showed you 6 other crows, because to me, it seemed like those were all completely different birds. every single bird i've ever laid my eyes on has looked completely unique from one another. it's really not your fault, it just made me sad for you to shut me down over something that i can't help getting excited over." stan spilled to bill as he wiped his nose with his arm.

"stan, i d-don't want you t-to ever th-think that i'm tr-trying to put you d-down for something you l-love. i th-think it's w-wonderful that you found s-something you're s-o fond over, puh-please don't let me, or-or anyone, ever r-ruin that exc-excitement for y-you. i'm so s-sorry, i didn't m-mean it l-like that. you're r-right, every suh-single bird is d-different and i'm s-sorry i never l-looked up at-at it. i pr-promise i'll always l-look from n-now on." bill felt terrible. he had no idea that it hurt stan so bad.

bill looked around quickly and noticed that, still, nobody was around. so bill did what his mind told him to.

he quietly crawled over to stanley, who was sat in a cross legged position, and plopped himself down on his lap. stanley was taken back by his actions, so he just watched the boys moves with wide eyes.

bill picked up the binoculars, slid them out of their case, and put the strap over his head. he brought them up to his eyes and looked around, trying to find any type of bird.

"s-see any birds out th-there, c-captain?" bill bubbled as he leaned backwards, pressing his back against stan's chest.

"uh. i uh-" stan's face turned strawberry as the boy got comfortable on his lap.

"come on, s-spit it out, s-stan." bill pulled the binoculars away and turned his head to see stan's reaction to his joke.

stan chuckled slightly, the joke going over his head. he was more focused on trying to keep his cool in this situation.

"here take the binoculars." bill handed them back to him. stan gladly took them and placed them on the ground next to him.

stan lied back on the hillside, wrapping his arms around bill to bring him down with him. bill let out a small squeal of surprise and laughed as stan hugged him closer.

stan picked up the binoculars with his left hand, and kept his right hand wrapped around bill. bill's hands were gently placed on top of stan's right hand and bill played with stan's fingers.

"hey! i see a blue jay!" stan announced excitedly because he hasn't seen one of those today.

"wh-where! where!" bill looked around at the tree line, but couldn't seem to find it.

stan carefully brought the binoculars down to bill's eyes and guided him along until he found the blue bird.

"it's beautiful." bill whispered, completely in awe of how the bird looked up close.

"not as quite as beautiful as you, though." stan whispered under his breath, making sure the other boy couldn't hear him.

but little did stan know, that bill heard every word and it filled his heart up with love and bliss.

'oh stanley uris. you make me the happiest boy alive.'