.20

📔it has been one week since bill asked stan to be his boyfriend and they both couldn't be happier

📔
it has been one week since bill asked stan to be his boyfriend and they both couldn't be happier. bill also only had one more week to complete stan's birthday gift, and surprisingly he got pretty far with it. he had all of the pictures and drawings together in a small sketch book. all he needed left was the facts about each bird.

because of this, he was currently making his way to the public library, a little bit outside of the town. he hasn't been to the library in a while, and the last time he went, ben dragged him along to help him look for books on mental health for his class.

as he raced down the hill, he thought about that day with ben, and how the library was set up. since he wasn't familiar with the library, it made him anxious to go in there by himself. he didn't know how to check out a book and he didn't want to look dumb.

he tried to remember how ben did it, but for some reason he couldn't even recall ben checking books out. bill was too busy watching a boy who worked there, put books away. the boy had curly hair, just like stanley's—stanley. it was stanley who he was staring at.

he didn't put two and two together! how did he not realize that the cute boy from the library was stanley.

stan has told bill he had work today, but he forgot to ask where. bill was excited because this gave him free time to work on stan's project, but he couldn't go there now! stan would see him checking out bird books and catch on.

bill slammed on his breaks as someone biked out in front of him. bill squeezed his eyes shut, both of the boys screaming in fear of crashing.

"oh m-my gosh, i'm so s-sorry." bill spoke out to the boy in front of him, who he soon realized to be the homeschooled boy he smiles at on his way home from school.

"no, don't be sorry. it was completely my fault. um-i'm mike hanlon." mike placed his foot down on the ground to keep his balance, and stuck his hand out towards bill for him to shake.

"b-bill denbrough." he smiled and took mikes hand into his, giving it a firm shake. there was a moment of awkward silence before mike cleared his throat, readjusting himself on his bike.

"well, it was nice to officially meet you bill." mike kindly smiled at him and placed his hands on the handle bars, ready to take off again.

"y-you too, mike." bill replied, his heart finally calming down from the scare he just had. bill anxiously swallowed the lump in his throat as he watched mike pick up his feet to take off. he had an idea, but he wasn't sure if he should ask mike. after all, he did just meet him.

mike pushed off and began pedaling down the road once again. he only got a couple feet away, when bill blurted out, "w-wait mike!"